Windows 10: Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly

Discus and support Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system continued its slow but steady usage share climb in December 2022. Microsoft released the operating system in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 3, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly

Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system continued its slow but steady usage share climb in December 2022. Microsoft released the operating system in late 2021 to the public. Since then, it has gained in usage share, as was expected.

Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly windows-11-december-2022-usage.png

The release of the first stable version or the first official feature update did not give it a catapult start or boost, however. When you look at Statcounter's numbers for the desktop Windows operating system market share worldwide, you will see that Windows 11 gained 0.84% compared to November 2022. Windows 10, the dominating Windows operating system, lost 1.8% in December 2022. It is still on more than 67% of all Windows devices. Windows 11's has a share of less than 17% according to Statcounter, just 6% more than Windows 7, which is being retired this month.

Over on Steam, Windows 11 managed to gain 0.44% over the previous month. Windows 10 dropped by just 0.18% and Windows 7 dropped by 0.22%. Not a lot of movement in the month. Windows 11's overall usage share is a bit better on Steam; it sits at 28.42% in December 2022, still trailing Windows 10's 65.42%. Windows 7 is not doing nearly as well on Steam, as it is listed with a usage share of just 1.77% in December 2022.

Both services provide a snapshot of part of the Windows population. Statcounter tracks hits on a large number of Internet sites, and Steam only gamer systems. Gamers have a tendency towards better hardware, as games can be demanding. New PCs do come with new versions of Windows often, and that may explain why Windows 11 is doing better on Steam than on other stats tracking services.

As far as predictions for 2023 are concerned; Windows 11 will continue its slow rise throughout the year. It will benefit from Windows 7's and 8.1's end of support in January 2023, but that won't be enough to close the gap to Windows 10 significantly.

On Statcounter, Windows 11 will likely break the 20%, maybe even the 25% mark at the end of 2023. On Steam, it may reach 35% but there is little doubt that Windows 10 will remain the dominating version of Windows in 2023. Even Windows 7 will continue to play a role in the statistics in 2023.

It will be interesting to see whether Windows 11 manages to surpass Windows 10 as the most popular Windows version by 2025. Windows 10 reaches end of support at the end of that year.

Now You: what are your predictions for Windows 11?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to Edge browser

Read more: Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to the Edge browser | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 3, 2023
  3. Windows 11 Cannot see shared folders in File Explorer under Network

That's weird. It sounds like the bugs from Windows 10 File Sharing have made it over to 11.

Please continue with the rest of the steps and let me know the results so I know what to suggest next.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jan 3, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 usage share continues to grow, but enterprise stays on side

Read more: Windows 10 usage share continues to grow, but enterprise stays on sidelines | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly - Similar Threads - usage share continues

2. Windows 11 Running Slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Running Slowly: Hello Gals and Guys - I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 11, but it's been running poorly. Specifically, sometimes, not always, certain programs will open slowly like if I click on them, it's like i didn't cause it hangs for a minuteit seems like a minute before it finally...
  3. Windows 11 Running Slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Running Slowly: Hello Gals and Guys - I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 11, but it's been running poorly. Specifically, sometimes, not always, certain programs will open slowly like if I click on them, it's like i didn't cause it hangs for a minuteit seems like a minute before it finally...
  4. AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022

in Windows 10 News
    AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022: Last month, AdDuplex reported that Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system gained a sizeable chunk as its usage share rose to 19.3% of all monitored systems. This month, AdDuplex reports that growth slowed down to a crawl, as Microsoft's operating system managed to increase...
  5. Windows 11 usage share continued to rise in February 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 usage share continued to rise in February 2022: The usage share of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system continued its rise in February 2022 according to AdDuplex. The usage share of newest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 21H2, increased as well. [ATTACH] Third-party services track usage share changes of...
  6. CPU Usage Suddenly Rising to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Usage Suddenly Rising to 100%: So I just had my PC turn off on me and as I waited a bit, turned it back on and started investigating, I found out CPU usage is jumping to 100% as soon as I open anything and CPU starts to heat up really quickly! Really clueless as to what could be causing this and a google...
  7. 100% disk usage and temperature rise of hard disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage and temperature rise of hard disk: From past 15 days my disk usage is showing 100% Even when I boot up the laptop and after that its rising up and down till 100% even when laptop is ideal i have disabled sysmain and windows search service my Hard disk temperature is also rising due to this problem help...
  8. Exponential rise of RAM usage by svchost.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exponential rise of RAM usage by svchost.exe: Hello, I have recollected some information. This svchost is used by the DCOM group; Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher. System Events Broker, Power, DCOM Server Process Launcher and Background Tasks Infrastructure Service. It runs on startup and it progressively gets...
  9. Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to Edge browser: The latest figures from multiple analytics firms show that usage of Windows 10 has doubled in the past six months, with as many as one in four Windows PCs running Microsoft's latest OS. But the default Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge, is struggling. Microsoft's...
  10. Windows 10 usage share continues to grow, but enterprise stays on side

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 usage share continues to grow, but enterprise stays on side: The latest analytics data confirms that Windows 10 has moved into a strong second place in terms of usage. Meanwhile, new data suggests that Windows 7 is going to be the enterprise standard for a long time. In Presidential politics and modern computing, everything's a...