Windows 10: Windows 11 USB Drive Error

Discus and support Windows 11 USB Drive Error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi I'm getting this error whenever I plug in a USB flash/thumb drive. I have tried with other USB drive, same error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jeretchristopher, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Windows 11 USB Drive Error

hi I'm getting this error whenever I plug in a USB flash/thumb drive. I have tried with other USB drive, same error.

:)

jeretchristopher, Nov 8, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 8, 2021
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

7.62, Nov 8, 2021
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Windows 11 USB Drive Error

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 USB Drive Error

1. Windows 11 USB Drive Error - Similar Threads - USB Drive Error

2. USB flash drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive error: Hello, I have a question about a USB flash drive. It reads fine on other computers, but throws an error on my own laptop. Maybe it's a socket problem or is there some other problem? Is it possible to somehow find the problem yourself or is it better to contact the masters?...
  3. clean installation of windows 11 via USB flash drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean installation of windows 11 via USB flash drive error: Hello,I wanted to reinstall windows 11 as a clean installation. I am having several issues. I restart once I create the installation media using the USB flash and I restart and set the USB flash as first to boot. When I get into install it says 'can't find signed drivers' or...
  4. clean installation of windows 11 via USB flash drive error

clean installation of windows 11 via USB flash drive error: Hello,I wanted to reinstall windows 11 as a clean installation. I am having several issues. I restart once I create the installation media using the USB flash and I restart and set the USB flash as first to boot. When I get into install it says 'can't find signed drivers' or...
  5. usb drive error

usb drive error: My usb flash drive has been giving me some issues now i flashed a linux iso to it to boot and it did after flashing the linux iso to it the drive doesnt show up in file manager but shows in partitions but under unallocated but now when i tried to format it with aomeri disk...
  6. usb drive error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb drive error: My usb flash drive has been giving me some issues now i flashed a linux iso to it to boot and it did after flashing the linux iso to it the drive doesnt show up in file manager but shows in partitions but under unallocated but now when i tried to format it with aomeri disk...
  7. usb drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 11 USB Drive Error

Windows 11 USB Drive Error: hi I'm getting this error whenever I plug in a USB flash/thumb drive. I have tried with other USB drive, same error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-usb-drive-error/4fbe5578-ec9a-4647-8181-cbace4f52de8
  9. Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.: I upgraded to Windows 11, from Windows 10, and is running successfully.When trying to backup existing files and folders to a USB drive, not all files are backed up:- Documents, Pictures are missing on the drive, and I then had to transfer manually. This creates a doubt as to...
  10. Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.

Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.: I upgraded to Windows 11, from Windows 10, and is running successfully.When trying to backup existing files and folders to a USB drive, not all files are backed up:- Documents, Pictures are missing on the drive, and I then had to transfer manually. This creates a doubt as to...