Windows 10: Windows 11 USB retail package - counterfeit

Discus and support Windows 11 USB retail package - counterfeit in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It's a long time since I've used Windows at home in my work I use it all the time, and I recently picked up a Windows 11 retail package. It was pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DamienQ, Jan 25, 2023.

1. DamienQ Win User

Windows 11 USB retail package - counterfeit

It's a long time since I've used Windows at home in my work I use it all the time, and I recently picked up a Windows 11 retail package. It was pretty convincing as a legitimate Windows retail pack, however a few things bothered me and I returned it. I'm still second guessing my assessment though.The security sticker on the box is convincing, but doesn't have the colours I'd expect, and the pattern is a bit out of whack compared to the sample provided by Microsoft. The dead giveaway I think is the hologram being on a sticker rather than embedded/printed directly to the plastic shroud of the

:)

DamienQ, Jan 25, 2023
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Nokia N96 release date, and Chinese counterfeits on eBay

Many thanks, kflyer

That's very helpful. I'm actually NOT shopping for them on eBay - I'm trying to get eBay to pay attention to the sellers who are listing counterfeit phones as genuine, right down to having "Nokia" packaging that's identical to the real thing.

So the large number of "Nokia N95 8GB" phones listed with comments like "This Phone is made in China, Does Not Have GPS or WiFi. The camera is 2mp" will actually be counterfeit.

robotman---01, Jan 25, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 Retail USB Drive

That is weird, that you can't change the drive letter. Did it come with a printed license key? I would say you have two options:

1. If it came with a printed license key, just make your own USB with the Windows Media Creation Tool and enter the retail key when asked for it when you install from the USB that you made.

2. If it did not come with a printed key - install Windows 10 from the purchased USB. Use a product key sniffer (such as produkey or Belarc Advisor) to get the Windows 10 key (which should be a unique one for a retail version). Then go back to step 1, if still desired.

NavyLCDR, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 USB retail package - counterfeit - Similar Threads - USB retail package

2. Retail USB Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail USB Windows 10: How do I fix the corrupted files on a write protected USB? I paid 200$ for this USB and used it one time. Now it won't even make it to setup screen. Is there any way to fix the corrupted files and I would be able to use it again or just toss in trash?...
  3. Retail USB Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail USB Windows 10: How do I fix the corrupted files on a write protected USB? I paid 200$ for this USB and used it one time. Now it won't even make it to setup screen. Is there any way to fix the corrupted files and I would be able to use it again or just toss in trash?...
  4. Retail USB Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 USB retail package - counterfeit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 USB retail package - counterfeit: It's a long time since I've used Windows at home in my work I use it all the time, and I recently picked up a Windows 11 retail package. It was pretty convincing as a legitimate Windows retail pack, however a few things bothered me and I returned it. I'm still second guessing...
  6. Counterfeit report

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Counterfeit report: so i submitted a counterfeit report to microsoft since i purchased a windows 10 retail box with fake usb. i bought it on souq.com which is an amazon company when i submitted the report i wrote seller E-mail is souq email but the seller was a seller on souq not souq itself did...
  7. Counterfeit Windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Counterfeit Windows 7: Years ago a family friend said he could get us Windows 7 completely free right when it came out, my parents thinking this was a great idea hopped right onboard. It was counterfeit (shocker). Now skip to 11 years later, we found it in storage and decided to boot it up but it...
  8. Windows 10 Retail USB

Windows 10 Retail USB: Is the Windows 10 Retail USB made of aluminum alloy or zinc alloy? The USB edge of the drive have small wear marks caused by plugging and unplugging of the drive. 169442
  9. Windows 10 retail usb.

Windows 10 retail usb.: Hi, I have question regarding the files that retail windows 10 usb contains. I had retail usb version 1607 and what surprised me was that it had install.wim file inside both x86 and x64 sources folder when media creation tool creates install.esd. Right now i would like to...
  10. Counterfeit Windows 10 USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Counterfeit Windows 10 USB: I have just purchased Windows 10 Home from amazon. I was a little skeptical because as soon as I ordered it I started receiving password phishing emails from amazon.in and the seller is in india. The product looks perfect in every way except the hologram that is supposed...