Windows 10: Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!!

Discus and support Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 11 on a fresh install after installing various apps I noticed that my User folder name has decided to chose part of my real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KarmaD, Oct 22, 2021.

1. KarmaD Win User

Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!!

I just installed Windows 11 on a fresh install after installing various apps I noticed that my User folder name has decided to chose part of my real name which I never use!.I chose Daz as a login name but Windows thought it would name my folder darre which is obviously not my complete name! there is no way to rename folder as anyone with any experience with Win11 will know MS kindly removed so much access it has made it impossible to rectify anything in this version. MS just loves taking control away and giving them more for some strange reason.whilst I can navigate most work arounds this one

:)

KarmaD, Oct 22, 2021

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Ryan_2013 Win User
    Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Oct 22, 2021
  4. KidmanPE Win User

User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!! - Similar Threads - users folder name

2. User Name and Folder Does Not Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Name and Folder Does Not Change: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  3. User Name and Folder Does Not Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Name and Folder Does Not Change: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  4. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  5. Users folder name does name match user name

Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  6. Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!!

Windows 11 users folder name does not match Users name!!: I just installed Windows 11 on a fresh install after installing various apps I noticed that my User folder name has decided to chose part of my real name which I never use!.I chose Daz as a login name but Windows thought it would name my folder darre which is obviously not my...
  7. User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.

in Windows 10 Customization
    User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.: Here is the issue. I might input wrong username years ago when I got my last laptop during registration. The wrong user name might sync to windows cloud or somewhere then I was never able to correct it. Even I change the user name manually by modifying the registry by logging...
  8. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  9. Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name: Annoying detail on my Windows 10 PC. I have a System Name: AL-OFFICE-FLORI and a user name of AL-OFFICE-FLORI/agude as displayed on the System Information page. On the System Properties page, the PC Name is Al-Office-Florida. I sure would like to end up with a System Name...
  10. User folder name...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder name...: I've re-installed Win10 Home via the media creation tool. Everything is where it should be and my account is working just fine. But... For some reason my personal folder under C:/Users is named after the first five letters of my Email instead of my real first name, which is...