Windows 10: Windows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue.

Discus and support Windows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used the O&O App Buster to uninstall/remove unwanted pre-installed UWP apps from my Windows 11.I managed to uninstall the "Windows Security"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Epsilons, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Epsilons Win User

Windows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue.

I used the O&O App Buster to uninstall/remove unwanted pre-installed UWP apps from my Windows 11.I managed to uninstall the "Windows Security" *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* UWP app in the process.Now, my question is, how do i re-install Windows Security with a powershell command? I tried several things, but so far I had no luck.I now have an inaccessible "Windows Security" and the following entry show up at the bottom of my Start Menu/All apps list : "ms-ressourceWindows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue. :DisplayName" preceded by the Windows Security iconNone of those powershell admin command worked Windows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue. :DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-imag

:)

Epsilons, Oct 8, 2021

2. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 8, 2021
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

• It lacks SecureBoot - making it impossible to flesh out a rootkit or something that attacks the boot order. Why this bug even exists in the first place I can't say, but SecureBoot can be used by either Windows or a modern Linux Distro, and Windows 7 doesn't support it.
    • To go even further than SecureBoot, if you have a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 system that utilizes a TPM (1.2 or 2.0, doesn't matter) it uses an even more secured version called Timed Boot. This is what I use on my desktop at home.
    • There is no HEASLR support, only ASLR, making 64-bit applications inherently less secure in Windows 7 than Windows 10 as they lack a higher entropy randomization.
    • The WDDM graphics drivers in Windows 10 (WDDM 2.x) are both more performant, and more secure than the WDDM 1.x driver model in Windows 7
    • In both Windows 8 and Windows 10 there is a new - and more isolated/secure - Integrity Level available that isn't available in Windows 7. It's even available to be used by Win32 applications, not just UWP apps. IE11 used it before it was replaced by Edge for example. Integrity Levels are what Microsoft refers to as "sandboxing" and Chrome for example runs in a "Low" integrity level. The additional security feature in Windows 8 and Windows 10 is known as "App" level, but don't let the name confuse you. Even a Win32 "desktop" application can utilize it if it wants. It doesn't need to use the UWP framework.
    • Speaking of UWP framework, it in and of itself provides a great security barrier. I use the Foxit PDF viewer UWP app because literally everything is sandboxed about it. It can't touch the registry, it can't touch the disk where it's not allowed, it can't interact with other applications, it can't auto-elevate itself. This provides some detriment to high-performant applications like games, but that's not what I'm referring to here.
    • The additional of Control Flow Guard for applications written in Visual Studio 2015 or above is only available in operating systems more modern than Windows 7.
    • The UAC is actually improved, as the AMSI engine scans every program that triggers a UAC elevation prompt for known malware.
    • There's also a whole host of Enterprise security improvements that sadly are unavailable to us private users (even with Windows 10 Pro) like Device Guard that adds some really neat security checks that are isolated from the system using Hyper-V to virtualize its existence to prevent malware from abusing it.

Solidstate89, Oct 8, 2021
  4. TheHunter Win User

Windows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue.

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

There is a new cumulative update KB3194496
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3194496

Release notes:

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
    • Improved reliability of the Windows Update Agent, shared drives, virtual private network (VPN), clustering, HTTP downloads, Internet Explorer 11, Hyper-V platform, multimedia playback, and Microsoft Edge.
    • Improved performance of push and local notifications, Hyper-V platform, and some social media websites using Microsoft Edge.
    • Addressed issue where mapping a drive from an elevated command prompt doesn’t work with administrator credentials.
    • Addressed issue causing movies that were ripped using the transport stream (.ts) format to play without sound in Windows Media Player and the Xbox One Media Player app.
    • Addressed issue causing the Movies & TV app on the Xbox to stop working when attempting to play content that was just purchased from the Store.
    • Addressed issue where ActiveX can't be installed when using the ActiveX Installer Service (AXIS) in Internet Explorer 11.
    • Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.
    • Improved reliability of downloading and updating games from the Store.
    • Addressed issue preventing some users from changing the default download location in Windows 10 Mobile.
    • Addressed issue causing unnecessary notifications about fixing Microsoft account in Windows 10 Mobile.
    • Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, Windows shell, enterprise security, storage file system, Remote Desktop, core platform, Hyper-V platform, Windows Update for Business, display kernel, near field communication (NFC), input and composition, Bluetooth, Microsoft Lync 2010 compatibility, Windows Storage API, app registration, Trusted Platform Module, Group Policy, Internet Explorer 11, virtual private network (VPN), BitLocker, wireless networking, datacenter networking, Cortana, PowerShell, Active Directory, connection manager and data usage, Access Point Name (APN) database, Microsoft Edge, Windows Recovery Environment, file clustering, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, audio playback settings, DShow Bridge, app compatibility, licensing, cloud infrastructure, domain name system (DNS) server, network controller, USB barcode reader, and Adobe Flash Player.

TheHunter, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue. - Similar Threads - UWP App Security

2. Windows 11 Pro SecHealthUI missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro SecHealthUI missing: HiI've just completed a clean install of Windows 11 Pro from a disc. However the SecHealthUI is missing and cannot be installed.Running `get-appxpackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers` using Powershell in Admin mode from an administrator account returns nothing. The folder...
  3. Windows 11 Pro SecHealthUI missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro SecHealthUI missing: HiI've just completed a clean install of Windows 11 Pro from a disc. However the SecHealthUI is missing and cannot be installed.Running `get-appxpackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers` using Powershell in Admin mode from an administrator account returns nothing. The folder...
  4. Windows 11 UWP apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 UWP apps not opening: Hello There,I have been trying to get my Notepad and Other UWP apps working with no success. I have ran DISM and SFC with no success and have even reset the Microsoft Store Cache. Please respond fast, as i need this computer....
  5. Windows 11 UWP apps not opening

Windows 11 UWP apps not opening: Hello There,I have been trying to get my Notepad and Other UWP apps working with no success. I have ran DISM and SFC with no success and have even reset the Microsoft Store Cache. Please respond fast, as i need this computer....
  6. Windows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue.

Windows 11 UWP App : Windows Security *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* reinstallation issue.: I used the O&O App Buster to uninstall/remove unwanted pre-installed UWP apps from my Windows 11.I managed to uninstall the "Windows Security" *Microsoft.SecHealthUI* UWP app in the process.Now, my question is, how do i re-install this app with a powershell command? I tried...
  7. Problem with reinstalling uwp apps after deleting uwp apps folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with reinstalling uwp apps after deleting uwp apps folder: Please keep in mind I don't want to reset at all costs.One day I corrupted the WindowsApps folder permissions and probably some other folders I don't know about right now, after many tries to fix it I decided to delete it, uninstall most uwp apps, and then try again. I didn't...
  8. Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell: Hello! Recently I resetted my PC using the Reset this PC feature. I noticed that all of my UWP apps are gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-uwp-appspowershell/a0524ef2-c5ab-4a52-bf34-0f0b4b66e475
  9. Is there a way to reinstall all the uwp apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to reinstall all the uwp apps: I'm not asking for some PowerShell commands, I'm asking to reinstall the entire UWP apps as a windows iso fresh install does I deleted WindowsApps folder, how can I bring it back without files recovery softwares?...
  10. Problem reinstalling uwp apps

Problem reinstalling uwp apps: Hello everyone, hope you can help me. I recently installed an SSD in my laptop. Before that, I had some Microsoft Store (non-default) apps installed in my HDD (on a secondary partition named DATA). After I cloned the OS from the HDD to the SSD and booted Windows from it I...