Windows 10: Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

Discus and support Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kathy Ballschmieder, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

:)

Kathy Ballschmieder, Jan 25, 2023
  2. MS.19 Win User

Windows 11 Desktop Icon Spacing

An update for Win. 11 was recently applied to my laptop and shortly after I noticed that the icon on my Windows desktop were arranged with large spacing between each icon. I tried to arrange them properly manually without success. I also tried to re-arrange them properly by changing the value for icon spacing and icon vertical spacing in regedit without success.

Aside from 3rd party software intervention, is there any other fix for this annoying problem?

Your assistance and insight in this regard is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

MS

MS.19, Jan 25, 2023
  3. desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

1. Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon - Similar Threads - version 22H2 desktop

2. Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon: Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-version-22h2-desktop-was-arranged-with/82242151-4267-4bf7-9845-ca2850952ebc
  3. Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons: After upgrading to 22H2, my desktop no longer retains the icon setup I had. Now, every time I turn on my computer, my desktop icons are scattered randomly. This is quite annoying....
  4. Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons: After upgrading to 22H2, my desktop no longer retains the icon setup I had. Now, every time I turn on my computer, my desktop icons are scattered randomly. This is quite annoying....
  5. Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed.: No matter what I do with the resolution or hold control or any of those "answers" before from the experts. It does nothing to help this issue. Apparently, many others as well yet we still get the whole patronizing "just hold down the control and roll your mouse up and down."...
  6. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  7. Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?: submitted by /u/MassiR77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1ge8n/large_gap_between_taskbar_and_desktop_icons/
  8. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  9. Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar": hi there, unfortunately there is this 1 cm gap between my "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar" and i have searched on google but didn't find anything, have anyone has ever crossed such issue before? there... i added an screenshot, thank u very much for your attention....
  10. Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Large space between icons on bottom toolbar: Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right next to each other, the way they always have been? thanks! 7019