Windows 10: Windows 11 Video lags in background

Discus and support Windows 11 Video lags in background in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have a 2 monitor setup and I usually play my videos on my second monitor while gaming on my first monitor. On windows 10, it has no such issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by metalchicken, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Video lags in background

Hi,I have a 2 monitor setup and I usually play my videos on my second monitor while gaming on my first monitor. On windows 10, it has no such issues. On windows 11, i noticed that the video starts lagging when i start playing games. I have done a fresh and clean install of windows 11 and a clean install of my Nvidia graphics driver and still had this issue.Any solutions to this?

:)

metalchicken, Nov 9, 2021

2. Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

I have tried every step that you suggested with no good results. I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE L675D-S7049..

The exact problem is the video and the sound lags and makes a buzzing sound . it does it on all videos and sound. even on iTUNES

DENNISBUZZELL, Nov 9, 2021
  3. Video starts lagging no matter the format - RAM usage error?

I’m having trouble with any form of video playback on my machine no matter if it’s played with VLC or HTML5 webvideo (Youtube) via Firefox or Edge. The preview video in Adobe Premiere is also affected.

In all cases the video starts lagging (picture and sound) after a while of opening and playing several different videos or after working some time in Premiere. I thought I had narrowed the problem down to a RAM issue but apparently, I was a victim of spurious correlation:

My machine had 16 GB RAM and the video started lagging whenever RAM usage was approaching 8 GB or RAM. I figured that the RAM was defective and although tests did not confirm this I changed all RAM blocks and increased RAM to 32 GB. However, the problem persists. Whenever task manager shows 10-11 GB of RAM usage videos start lagging. As soon as the RAM usage drops bellow these values video playback is back to normal.

I have also kept an eye on video memory. But this does not seem to be an issue as the video starts lagging no matter if video memory is used by 10 or 90%.

I am really at a loss of ideas what else I should try or check. Any suggestions?

System information:

• RAM: 32 GB (4 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 Crucial Ballistix) CPU-Z Memory
    • HD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    • CPU: Core i5 4570S CPU-Z CPU
    • Mainboard: Intel DH87RL (newest BIOS 07/20/2015)
    • Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (1024 MB of reserved memory)

user3347232, Nov 9, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

Windows 11 Video lags in background

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Video lags in background

1. Windows 11 Video lags in background - Similar Threads - Video lags background

2. Streaming video lag due to background process prioritization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming video lag due to background process prioritization: After updating to windows 11 I've noticed that if I'm watching a video or stream on my side monitor and doing something else in a different program on my main monitor, the video will lag quite terribly, stuttering and going down to the worst possible quality. It seems that...
  3. Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11: I have a 3+ year old Dell G3 laptop with an Intel Core i5 9th gen processor and I am at my wits end trying to get my laptop to work as designed with Windows 11. I have done endured every update available to me, and have not rewound undone or rolled back any of them. Problems:...
  4. Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11: I have a 3+ year old Dell G3 laptop with an Intel Core i5 9th gen processor and I am at my wits end trying to get my laptop to work as designed with Windows 11. I have done endured every update available to me, and have not rewound undone or rolled back any of them. Problems:...
  5. Windows 11 Video lags in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Video lags in background: Hi,I have a 2 monitor setup and I usually play my videos on my second monitor while gaming on my first monitor. On windows 10, it has no such issues. On windows 11, i noticed that the video starts lagging when i start playing games. I have done a fresh and clean install of...
  6. videos lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    videos lagging: i have total 4 gb ram and earlier videos in my pc worked smoothly but now even teams videos are working like pictures coming after every 2 seconds its too laggy how to solve it pls?...
  7. Background videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background videos: Come on! It's 2021 and Windows still can't play a video in the desktop background. At least as far as I know. I would love a quiet scene of palm trees or ocean playing in a loop on my desktop. All I see for half ass solutions are VLC and some questionable software. Why hasn't...
  8. Video Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Lag: Hello I have a Surface Laptop I got this year. I think its running the most up to date version of windows. My issue is whenever I am watching something that has a video component Netflix, Zoom, Amazon Prime, Youtube etc. The audio stays at the right pace, but the video...
  9. videos at the background

in Windows 10 Customization
    videos at the background: I want to have a few videos displayed at the background. I collected several pictures to make a slideshow and set it as a background but I want to know if I can set a few different videos for the background to demonstrate them in turn....
  10. Lag on videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lag on videos: So i recently did the recent update for my pc and every video i watch, whether it's on youtube, hulu, or watching a live stream the video lags BAD. It never did that before the update and i ask support for help and they really didn't do anything at all. Any tips or advice on...