Windows 10: Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

Discus and support Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, is there a way to enable virtual desktop switching animation in Windows 11? When I'm switching to another virtual desktop using Ctrl+win+left/right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoyMilliaan, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

Hi, is there a way to enable virtual desktop switching animation in Windows 11? When I'm switching to another virtual desktop using Ctrl+win+left/right or swiping 4 fingers on the trackpad, it instantly changes to the other desktop. I've read some threads on this issue which claimed that microsoft removed the feature entirely in Windows 11. But in another laptop with the same version of windows, both ctrl+win+left/right arrow and 4 finger swipe shows the animation. I'm running Windows 11 Pro 10.0.2200 Build 22000Thanks.

:)

JoyMilliaan, Jan 30, 2022
  2. tibbus Win User

Virtual desktops animations are slow

Hey,

I have a powerful laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed :
    • CPU : i7-4712HQ @2.3Ghz
    • RAM : 16 GB
    • Video : Nvidia GeForce GT 750M

When I switch between virtual desktops the animations are pretty laggy, which it's kinda weird, because on my Surface 3 Pro which is a low weaker than this laptop the animations are very smooth.

Do you have any idea of what I can try ?

PS : Animation is not so slow, but it has some lag. I also have in the Intel and Nvidia Graphics all set up to high performance.

tibbus, Jan 30, 2022
  3. drLaba Win User
    Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation

Thank you very much for the fast and elaborate reply Zackary.

Unfortunately none of the proposed actions did solve my problem, though all 3 ("animate windows...", "turn off unnecessary...", "show animations in Windows") do have an effect. They all prevent any transition animation while switching virtual desktops from
    happening - one desktop just gets swapped with another.

However, what I'm looking for is to have the drag animation like on Asus R541U (left laptop on the video I captured). It is really convenient.

It says that I have the latest version of GPU drivers. If it makes any difference I have two cards.

drLaba, Jan 30, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Switching Animation

Hello Patrick,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Please provide your computer's specification.
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Does the issue also occurs on other games or applications?

Meanwhile, we suggest to apply the steps on this article
    to improve your PC's performance.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

1. Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation - Similar Threads - Virtual Desktop Animation

2. Disabling Windows 11 Animations breaks virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows 11 Animations breaks virtual desktops: I'm not sure when the animations changed, but switching between virtual desktops looks disgusting now, it's slow and laggySo, I decided to turn off the animations, and cannot switch between desktops.Changing desktops still works with the Win+Ctrl+Arrow shortcut, but now with...
  3. Disabling Windows 11 Animations breaks virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows 11 Animations breaks virtual desktops: I'm not sure when the animations changed, but switching between virtual desktops looks disgusting now, it's slow and laggySo, I decided to turn off the animations, and cannot switch between desktops.Changing desktops still works with the Win+Ctrl+Arrow shortcut, but now with...
  4. Windows 11 Updated Virtual Desktop Animation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Updated Virtual Desktop Animation: After updating Windows 11 to KB5031354, I noticed there is an animation when switching between virtual desktops with the keyboard shortcut Windows + Ctrl + Arrow Key. I prefer not having this animation because it was more instantaneous before. Does anyone know how to turn off...
  5. Windows 11 Updated Virtual Desktop Animation

Windows 11 Updated Virtual Desktop Animation: After updating Windows 11 to KB5031354, I noticed there is an animation when switching between virtual desktops with the keyboard shortcut Windows + Ctrl + Arrow Key. I prefer not having this animation because it was more instantaneous before. Does anyone know how to turn off...
  6. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  7. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  8. Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation: Hi, is there a way to enable virtual desktop switching animation in Windows 11? When I'm switching to another virtual desktop using Ctrl+win+left/right or swiping 4 fingers on the trackpad, it instantly changes to the other desktop. I've read some threads on this issue which...
  9. Animation speed for changing virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Animation speed for changing virtual desktops?: Is there a way to change the animation speed when programs maximize / minimize from the taskbar and / or when changing virtual desktops? No, I do not want to speed up how fast menus are displayed and I do not want to disable these animation all together. Thank you in...
  10. Virtual desktops animations are slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual desktops animations are slow: Hey, I have a powerful laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed : CPU : i7-4712HQ @2.3Ghz RAM : 16 GB Video : Nvidia GeForce GT 750M When I switch between virtual desktops the animations are pretty laggy, which it's kinda weird, because on my Surface 3 Pro which is a low...