Windows 10: Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft?

Discus and support Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I live outside the US, do I have the right to lawsuit them? I paid for 10 with my hard earned money. been away from PC for a while. Returned and full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mohammed Alsuwailem, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft?

I live outside the US, do I have the right to lawsuit them? I paid for 10 with my hard earned money. been away from PC for a while. Returned and full of garbage like Edge and extreme new garbage like "co pilot"No body pilots my pc except me F**** off Microsoft.Maybe time to find a better IOS

:)

Mohammed Alsuwailem, Jun 16, 2024
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Hit by First Successful Windows 10 Forced Upgrade Lawsuit

Microsoft has been hit by the first successful lawsuit over its forced Windows 10 upgrade. The first of possibly many, Teri Goldstein from California, successfully sued Microsoft for $10,000 in damages and legal fees over its deceptively designed Windows 10 upgrade software, which automatically downloaded and upgraded her computer's Windows 7 installation almost without the consent of the user. She convinced the court that the upgrade made her computer slower, and that she lost business due to the upgrade process and the slowing down of her computer. Microsoft dropped its appeal and paid up.

Microsoft is heavily criticized for the way it distributes its free Windows 10 upgrade for PCs with Windows 7 and Windows 8. What started out as an optional upgrade, quickly evolved into an almost unavoidable upgrade that forces itself upon the users, through clever design of the upgrade software's user interface. Microsoft recently changed Windows 10 upgrade into a "recommended update" for Windows 7/8, making users with auto-install for recommended updates discover that their machines have been upgraded almost without their consent. Could this be the first of many successful lawsuits over this issue at least in a precedent-driven American civil justice system?

Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft? 165a_thm.jpg

Source: The Guardian, Many Thanks to revin for the tip.

btarunr, Jun 16, 2024
  3. Microsoft Files Lawsuits Against 52 Counterfeit Sellers

Microsoft has taken an extra step in its fight against software piracy by filing lawsuits against 52 alleged resellers of counterfeit software, and has referred 22 piracy cases to law enforcement agencies in 20 different countries. According to the company, 15 of the lawsuits involve software which has been traced back to what is believed to be the largest ever counterfeit software syndicate, which was broken up by Microsoft and law enforcement officials from the US and China earlier this year. Microsoft is also working with eBay to produce the “Microsoft Buying Guide” to inform consumers of how to safely buy software from sites such as eBay.

Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Jimmy 2004, Jun 16, 2024
  4. Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft?

Opera Files Lawsuit Against Microsoft

Opera Software, best known for its free web browser, has filed an antitrust lawsuit against software giant Microsoft for abusing its dominant position by integrating its Internet Explorer web browser into Windows. Opera, which filed the lawsuit in the EU, is asking the European Commission to force Microsoft to unbundle Internet Explorer from Windows or include other browsers as standard. It is also claiming that Microsoft is not following accepted standards for Internet Explorer and is calling for it to adhere to them. Opera’s Deputy General Counsel, Jason Hoida, said:
    Some people may remember that Microsoft was forced to sell a modified version of Windows XP which excluded Windows Media Player back in 2004 after complaints about that being integrated into Windows, which was a similar case to this.

Source: PC World

Jimmy 2004, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft?

1. Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft? - Similar Threads - was upgraded without

2. My computer is upgrading to Windows 11 without my consent. How do I cancel this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is upgrading to Windows 11 without my consent. How do I cancel this?: I did NOT consent to this. Why is it happening, and how do I cancel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-upgrading-to-windows-11-without-my/81eeab24-9461-418f-8d16-7a988a96e53b
  3. Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft?

Windows 11 was upgraded without my consent, can I file a lawsuit against Microsoft?: I live outside the US, do I have the right to lawsuit them? I paid for 10 with my hard earned money. been away from PC for a while. Returned and full of garbage like Edge and extreme new garbage like "co pilot"No body pilots my pc except me F**** off Microsoft.Maybe time to...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade without consent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 upgrade without consent: My windows upgraded to windows 11 while in sleep mode without my consent. How do I go back to windows 10, restore my previous settings and eliminate the possibility of this occurring again?...
  5. Windows 11 upgrade without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade without consent: My windows upgraded to windows 11 while in sleep mode without my consent. How do I go back to windows 10, restore my previous settings and eliminate the possibility of this occurring again?...
  6. Windows 11 upgrade without consent

7. Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent: Hello, I recently activated a windows 10 Home version on my new laptop. However I was shocked to discover that in my next bootup of computer, windows require another activation. Anyone knows how to reverse the upgrade? Thank you...
  8. Lawsuit Against Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lawsuit Against Microsoft?: This issue is ongoing now for 2+ months since the release of 1903, Windows is capping users internet speeds, I have posted this already, submitted a feedback, talked to microsoft support, and it isnt being tracked on there "Known" issues. So im asking wonder how fast...
  9. Class action lawsuit against Microsoft for accessing our computers without permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Class action lawsuit against Microsoft for accessing our computers without permission: Last night without updating, permission, or my knowledge, Microsoft accessed my computer and blocked my access to wuauserv, windows update, and update orchestra so that I can no longer suspend updates and stop them from tying up my computer... The fact that this happened...
  10. Class Action Lawsuit against Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Class Action Lawsuit against Microsoft?: I truly believe there should be one. What right does Microsoft have, to enforce Security Updates that disable otherwise functioning computers? My computer may be older, but it works, and works fine, EXCEPT when the Death Star shoots off one of their Security Updates that...