Windows 10: Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...

Discus and support Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; SSD 1 = C: Boot driveSSD 2 = D: main drive, N: and U: alternate partitionsThe issue is that I cannot set my default Windows App save location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by theTrueEnder, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...

SSD 1 = C: Boot driveSSD 2 = D: main drive, N: and U: alternate partitionsThe issue is that I cannot set my default Windows App save location Settings>System>Storage>Where new content is saved to my D: drive my C: is a boot drive. I am able to set the location to the N: and U: partitions, so it's only an issue with the D: drive. That's annoying because 96% of the help articles assume it's a problem with the source C:. Notably, all of the other default save locations in that menu i.e. documents, music, photos & videos, etc all successfully change to D:, so it's just t

:)

theTrueEnder, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Berton Win User
    Berton, Oct 24, 2021
  3. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't... [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't... [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...

Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...

1. Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't... - Similar Threads - couldn't set default

2. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I have 3 drives: C: (system) D: (for games, apps etc.) E:(Just an extra disk for anything) I need to change my default save location to drive D: in order to install games from Xbox app, it works from C: to E:, from E: to C: but never to D: (D: is the only drive that has...
  3. Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...: SSD 1 = C: Boot driveSSD 2 = D: main drive, N: and U: alternate partitionsThe issue is that I cannot set my default Windows App save location Settings>System>Storage>Where new content is saved to my D: drive my C: is a boot drive. I am able to set the location to the N: and...
  4. We couldn't set your default save location - Error 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    We couldn't set your default save location - Error 0x80070005: I recently had to reset my main C: drive due to some issue preventing me from installing WSL. After doing so things are mostly working fine, however I'm unable to install any Xbox/Windows Store apps to any drive other than C: or to change the default destination in the system...
  5. We couldn't set your default save location error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    We couldn't set your default save location error 0x80070005: For the past few hours now I've been trying to install a game from the gamepass, and I'd like to keep all games off my windows install drive, but when I try to change my default install drive I'm met with an error code 0x80070005 I have full permissions to the folder and...
  6. We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005: Hello, I would like to set the default save location for Store apps to another drive D:. When I go into Storage in Settings, I get the "Couldn't Set Default Save Location 0x80070005" error. I would like to install Forza Horizon 4 on a different hard drive because it's 91GB...
  7. We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005: Hello all! I have recently gotten a problem which really frustrates me. I am trying to change the default installation directory for Windows Store Apps and XBOX Games To download Forza Horizon 4 and Doom Eternal and it gives me an Error which says the following: "We...
  8. "We Couldn't Set Your Default Save Location" Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We Couldn't Set Your Default Save Location" Error 0x80070005: Hello. I got the Xbox Game Pass for PC and I want to download my games on my D: drive, which has more space than my C: and is set up for installing all my games on other programs. It says it is not set up to save games when I try to install one, so I click "Set it as your...
  9. We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005: I am trying to download the new flight sim on my D drive but it keeps popping up as "We couldn't set your default save location." With the error code 0x80070005. I have tried looking around online on how to fix it and I believe I have tried everything Changing permissions,...
  10. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I tried to install Gears 5 in my 1tb hdd and i don't want to install the game on my ssd, so trying to set up the hdd as default storage had this error...