Windows 10: Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set...

Discus and support Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. Personalization >> Lockscreen >> set album folder2. Set "turn off the screen after slideshow has played for <30 minutes>The second step turns of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaddyDetroit313, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set...

1. Personalization >> Lockscreen >> set album folder2. Set "turn off the screen after slideshow has played for <30 minutes>The second step turns of the screen even when non idle and non-lock screen. I could be mid typing a paper/ playing a video game/ or watching a movie and my screen will just go black after the time set. And I have to re-enter via Lockscreen pin.As long as this setting is set as slideshow it does not respect typical non idle rules and hard sets turn off screen. I've tried numerous things the only remedy is to not use the feature. It only happens if I have

:)

DaddyDetroit313, Jul 23, 2023

2. Why Won't Screen Turn Off When Idle

I just bought a new and very expensive Dell I 5500 series laptop. And as with all new items, we go through growing pains. One of them being that I had, like I always do with any new pc I buy, set up what the lid does, what the button does, etc. That other
    item I set to save on the LED back lighting is for the display is to turn off after 10 minutes of idle time when on AC and for the pc to turn off completely after 5 minutes of idle time when on battery. Well, when this new Dell was idling for 10 minutes, the
    screen would dim, then go full bright again. After reading all of your posts and remedies, not one of them helped. What I had stumbled on, completely on a fluke, and grasping at straws at wit's end being about to give up on this, is I had right clicked the
    desktop screen and left clicked personalize at the bottom of the drop-down menu list, then it goes to settings page, and in the middle of the listing to the left of the page is LOCK SCREEN. My lock screen setting was set to slideshow though there was only
    one picture. It may, or may not, tell you that you cannot have a slide show with one picture. I had therefore set it from slideshow to picture mode, and that apparently solved my problem. The back light now goes out after 10 minutes of idle time, just what
    I want it to do. Hope this advice helps.

John's Solution, Jul 23, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    can the timins of a LockScreen Slide Show be changed

This may help- not tried it though. Free tweaker.

Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set... 111681d1485974356t-can-timins-lockscreen-slide-show-changed-snap-2016-11-28-09.09.37.jpg

dalchina, Jul 23, 2023
  4. Chris3194 Win User

Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set...

Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.

I had the same problem. Clock pc showing right time but go into clock settings it showed my laptop being an hour off. I looked and auto adjust for daylight was off. I tuned it on still showed wrong time. Restarted laptop the correct time showed on lockscreen.

For me adjust daylight savings was off. Turning it on and restarting fixed this issue

Chris3194, Jul 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set...

1. Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set... - Similar Threads - slide show turned

2. Windows 11 Lockscreen slide show from theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lockscreen slide show from theme: I'm new to Windows 11. In Windows 10 my lockscreen showed a slideshow of pics from the theme I had installed from the Windows store. I can't seem to find an option for the lockscreen to display the theme pictures in Windows 11. I get a selection of picture folders, but not...
  3. Windows 11 Lockscreen slide show from theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lockscreen slide show from theme: I'm new to Windows 11. In Windows 10 my lockscreen showed a slideshow of pics from the theme I had installed from the Windows store. I can't seem to find an option for the lockscreen to display the theme pictures in Windows 11. I get a selection of picture folders, but not...
  4. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  5. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  6. Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 when slide show is turned on for lockscreen. Screen turns off at idle time set...: 1. Personalization >> Lockscreen >> set album folder2. Set "turn off the screen after slideshow has played for <30 minutes>The second step turns of the screen even when non idle and non-lock screen. I could be mid typing a paper/ playing a video game/ or watching a movie and...
  7. PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour: My computer turns itself off after off when not in use for more than an hour +-. The power setting is set not to sleep or hibernate Never. From looking up in the Event Viewer, I found the following:"Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate:...
  8. Windows 10 turns itself off when idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 turns itself off when idle: I have set every possible visible and invisible setting to NOT shut down when idle and yet Windows 10 is shutting down when idle after a few minutes. This is wasting a lot of time besides being a total nuisance.I have already looked up the thread where the same question has...
  9. Turning wifi off at set times?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...
  10. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen never turns off when idle: I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever. I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE...