Windows 10: Windows 11, whenever I complete a backup to my external hard drive I can't eject my hRd...

Discus and support Windows 11, whenever I complete a backup to my external hard drive I can't eject my hRd... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why can't I safely eject my external hard drive after I complete a backup. Have tried several methods and says it is still in use, but backup has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Judy Pepper, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Windows 11, whenever I complete a backup to my external hard drive I can't eject my hRd...

Why can't I safely eject my external hard drive after I complete a backup. Have tried several methods and says it is still in use, but backup has completed.

:)

Judy Pepper, Jun 7, 2023

2. Can't eject my external hard drive

Hi , I just bought a new computer and I found a weird error . It has windows 11 pro install and I have the latest version .

I have a lot of usb port , and two in the front . One work but the other can't eject my external hard drive . Let me explain . On the second usb port , it work perfectly but I don't have ANY option to eject the hard drive . The icon in the taskbar , the eject option in the window of the hard drive , right click on the name of the HDD , even in the creation of drive , there are not eject option !!!!! But on the other port it work . Also I have this error only with External Hard drive , when I plug an usb , I have an eject option when the usb open in a new window on the topbar .

This error drive me crazy and I hope you will be able to help me .

Yukina Aizawa, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Problem in Ejecting USB Hard drive having windows backup

I recently made a windows 10 backup file in my 1TB Transcend USB hard drive. but now every time when i connect my hard with laptop it continues working and never ejects safely. I have disabled my auto backup option. It displays following message

"This device is currently in use, Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, And then try again".

How can i eject my Hard Drive safely?

If i will make backup in my internal hard drive then backup could make internal hard busy as it doing external one?

Waqar Amin, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Windows 11, whenever I complete a backup to my external hard drive I can't eject my hRd...

PROBLEM EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE AFTER A BACKUP

LOOKS LIKE THIS TIME I'LL TURN POWER OFF THEN UNPLUG; LIKE LAST WEEK'S BACKUP. I WENT TO TASK MANAGER TO LIST OF PROCESSES, FOUND "SERVICE HOST: WINDOWS BACKUP" CLICKING ON THIS = " ENDING THIS PROCESS WILL CAUSE WINDOWS TO BECOME UNUSABLE OR SHUT DOWN, CAUSING
    YOU TO LOSE ANY DATA HASN'T BEEN SAVED. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CONTINUE?" PREVIOUS LAPTOP W/ WINDOWS 7 WAS EASY TO UNPLUG THE EXTERNAL DRIVE AFTER A WEEKLY BACKUP WAS DONE.

sandyego2020, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11, whenever I complete a backup to my external hard drive I can't eject my hRd...

1. Windows 11, whenever I complete a backup to my external hard drive I can't eject my hRd... - Similar Threads - whenever complete backup

2. Windows 11, whenever I complete a backup to my external hard drive I can't eject my hRd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, whenever I complete a backup to my external hard drive I can't eject my hRd...: Why can't I safely eject my external hard drive after I complete a backup. Have tried several methods and says it is still in use, but backup has completed....
  3. Can't eject my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't eject my external hard drive: Hi , I just bought a new computer and I found a weird error . It has windows 11 pro install and I have the latest version .I have a lot of usb port , and two in the front . One work but the other can't eject my external hard drive . Let me explain . On the second usb port ,...
  4. Can't eject my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't eject my external hard drive: Hi , I just bought a new computer and I found a weird error . It has windows 11 pro install and I have the latest version .I have a lot of usb port , and two in the front . One work but the other can't eject my external hard drive . Let me explain . On the second usb port ,...
  5. Can't eject external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't eject external hard drive: When I try to eject my external hard drive I get the message "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." There are no programs using the device in fact, I've restarted the computer 3 times since I got...
  6. How do I eject an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I eject an external hard drive?: When I go to eject the drive, the eject button is greyed out and I can't click on it. When I go to the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" to try and eject, it says that it cannot because it's still being used in a program. I ended up closing all my programs and windows...
  7. I can't eject my WD Elements external hard drive. It shows "This device is currently in...

I can't eject my WD Elements external hard drive. It shows "This device is currently in...: submitted by /u/TaranStark [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fztxhe/i_cant_eject_my_wd_elements_external_hard_drive/
  8. i can't eject my hard disk?

i can't eject my hard disk?: it keeps telling me that it is still in use even though i've closed all running programs. has happened constantly and every time i need to eject it i use the "diskpart" command. what could be the issue and is it okay if i continue doing this? submitted by...
  9. Can't eject external hard drive!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't eject external hard drive!: Hi, I have a recent issue that when I tried to safely eject external hard drive an error message appear as below: '\Device\Harddiskvolume2\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAMAgent.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped... I wonder how to fix this issue? Thanks...
  10. Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups: I hooked the Seagate hard drive up when the Toshiba hard drive got full, and the Seagate one hasn't turned off it's light at all I don't know what who ever is saying that it turns off, if the light is on doesn't that mean it's on and loading backup? Because I haven't saw the...