Windows 10: Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal.

Discus and support Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RussellDennis734, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal.

Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal.

:)

RussellDennis734, Jun 1, 2023
  2. FreeBooter, Jun 1, 2023
  3. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 1, 2023
  4. WylanWong Win User

Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal.

Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep

Hi,

I have a new laptop (Mechrevo Code 01 R7) and the following issue has been bugging me - after turning on the computer, if I put it to sleep, it wakes up normally. Then when I put it back to sleep again (either right away or in an hour), the computer does
    not wake up normally and I must hard restart. A few observations:

• After the first sleep, I can wake it up with touchpad, mouse, or keyboard. After the second sleep, the keyboard back light, optical mouse, and cooling fans turn on as expected, but the display does not. Caps lock key does not function. It did not work to
      press the sleep keys (Fn + f2), Esc, power, or any key for that matter.

• When I put the computer to sleep for the second time, the screen flashes briefly into the screen protector picture before turning off. This does not happen when I put it to sleep for the first time.

• Unlike sleep, hibernation works fine. Hibernation also "resets the count" before the computer fails to wake from sleep, i.e. if I put it to sleep, then wake and hibernate, followed by waking and sleeping, the computer can wake up normally.

• I have tried everything I could find online so far, as well as resetting the computer to factory settings, to no avail.
    For now my workaround is to always use hibernation instead of sleep. It would, however, be nice if I could use sleep for a quick break and not have to hibernate every time I walk away. Thanks fo your help in advance.

Wylan

WylanWong, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal. - Similar Threads - why screen black

2. How to wake up computer from sleep/black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to wake up computer from sleep/black screen.: I’m not new to computers, but I’m having difficulty understanding what’s actually wrong with mine. The settings indicate I should be able to wake up my laptop from sleep by either the mouse or keyboard. Yet nothing works unless I hold down the power button. Which isn’t ideal...
  3. How to wake up computer from sleep/black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to wake up computer from sleep/black screen.: I’m not new to computers, but I’m having difficulty understanding what’s actually wrong with mine. The settings indicate I should be able to wake up my laptop from sleep by either the mouse or keyboard. Yet nothing works unless I hold down the power button. Which isn’t ideal...
  4. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  5. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  6. Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal.

Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal.: Windows 11 why is screen black when it wakes up from sleep mod?, is this normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-why-is-screen-black-when-it-wakes-up/d11a72e7-b481-4ae4-9ed4-13bb9b521692
  7. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  8. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  9. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Blue screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when waking up from sleep: I put my computer to sleep and went off to do some work. Firefox and Jetbrains PyCharm were active before putting it to sleep. When I came back and opened the lid, rather than showing me the lock screen, it showed me the dell screen indicating it had restarted. The...