Windows 10: Windows 11 Wi-Fi and some other apps stopped working after computer goes to sleep

Discus and support Windows 11 Wi-Fi and some other apps stopped working after computer goes to sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After computer goes to sleep and turned back on, all the apps are unable to connect to Wi-Fi and I am also unable to open wifi settings on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YCL2131, Feb 11, 2022.

1. YCL2131 Win User

Windows 11 Wi-Fi and some other apps stopped working after computer goes to sleep

After computer goes to sleep and turned back on, all the apps are unable to connect to Wi-Fi and I am also unable to open wifi settings on the computer.Some apps just glitch and buttons stopped working in settings, but the taskbar Wi-Fi icon always indicate that Wi-Fi is connected.The only solution I have so far is to restart the computer, but I want to resolve this permanently, how do I do? Thanks

:)

YCL2131, Feb 11, 2022
  2. Marivel Man, Feb 11, 2022
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 11, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Wi-Fi and some other apps stopped working after computer goes to sleep

Wi Fi connection disappears when computer goes into sleep mode

Wi Fi connection disappears when computer goes into sleep mode, need to restart to get WiFi back. How do I fix this?

Steve Gunning, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Wi-Fi and some other apps stopped working after computer goes to sleep

1. Windows 11 Wi-Fi and some other apps stopped working after computer goes to sleep - Similar Threads - apps stopped working

2. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  3. Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode: This issue happened recently after an update.I use Windows 11 Home. Version 10.0.22621 build 22621When I wake up the PC after it sleeps, the Wi-Fi is off. Only by restarting or doing a network adapter troubleshooting does it come on again. Also, the computer screen is very...
  4. Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode: This issue happened recently after an update.I use Windows 11 Home. Version 10.0.22621 build 22621When I wake up the PC after it sleeps, the Wi-Fi is off. Only by restarting or doing a network adapter troubleshooting does it come on again. Also, the computer screen is very...
  5. Windows 11 Wi-Fi showing not available after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wi-Fi showing not available after sleep: Windows 11 Wi-Fi showing not available after sleep. My wifi card is mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 wireless lan card. The wifi shows no notwork available after it goes to sleep. This issue was not there at first, it happened after I reseted my laptop and yes I have updated the...
  6. Windows 11 Wi-Fi showing not available after sleep

Windows 11 Wi-Fi showing not available after sleep: Windows 11 Wi-Fi showing not available after sleep. My wifi card is mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 wireless lan card. The wifi shows no notwork available after it goes to sleep. This issue was not there at first, it happened after I reseted my laptop and yes I have updated the...
  7. Stop Turning Off Wi-fi in Sleep Mode

Stop Turning Off Wi-fi in Sleep Mode: It started with the update to 11. It takes minutes to get the wi-fi running again from sleep mode, nevermind how urgently I need to connect. All advice online says to find the power management tab in the device manager but there is no such tab. Fix this?...
  8. Windows 11 Wi-Fi and some other apps stopped working after computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wi-Fi and some other apps stopped working after computer goes to sleep: After computer goes to sleep and turned back on, all the apps are unable to connect to Wi-Fi and I am also unable to open wifi settings on the computer.Some apps just glitch and buttons stopped working in settings, but the taskbar Wi-Fi icon always indicate that Wi-Fi is...
  9. Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep: I get a new laptop Vostro 5490 with Win10 Pro 2004. everything works great but once my laptop goes into sleep mode it's become a problem. I can go in and out of sleep mode just fine, but my problem is that upon exiting sleep mode my computer cannot pick up any wifi signals...
  10. No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work: Hi folks! As the title suggests, and I'm sure my post count will confirm, this is my first post on the forums here. I'm having issues after an OS recovery with one of my Windows 10 machines. When I attempt to connect to my wireless router, it shows "Connected, Secured" but...