Windows 10: windows 11 wi-fi disabled

Discus and support windows 11 wi-fi disabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello, my new laptop currently run-on windows 11 22h2 has few experience bugs on wi-fi adapter, the symptoms are:1. connection suddenly dropped and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Riode, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Riode Win User

windows 11 wi-fi disabled

hello, my new laptop currently run-on windows 11 22h2 has few experience bugs on wi-fi adapter, the symptoms are:1. connection suddenly dropped and wi-fi can't found any network2. sometimes using troubleshoot other problems fix the problem or 3. windows start stuttering a little bit, even restart or shutdown will take a long time should do force shutdown4. after full restart the wi-fi adapter is disabled solved via troubleshoot other problems

:)

Riode, Nov 1, 2022
  2. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Nov 1, 2022
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 1, 2022
  4. windows 11 wi-fi disabled

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 1, 2022
Thema:

windows 11 wi-fi disabled

1. windows 11 wi-fi disabled - Similar Threads - disabled

2. Hi how can we disable this incredibly annoying finger print login prompts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi how can we disable this incredibly annoying finger print login prompts?: Hey we are at a school and we all share laptops, yet this lenova windows 11 laptop is constantly asking for a finger print login setup!How do I permanently disable it? I already have a login password which is more than i even want!thanks...
  3. Hi how can we disable this incredibly annoying finger print login prompts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi how can we disable this incredibly annoying finger print login prompts?: Hey we are at a school and we all share laptops, yet this lenova windows 11 laptop is constantly asking for a finger print login setup!How do I permanently disable it? I already have a login password which is more than i even want!thanks...
  4. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  5. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  6. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....
  7. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....
  8. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started: I can't install Microsoft store apps, and I tried every registry fix, but it didn't work. I did a cloud reset to my computer and this is already being boring because I don't want to buy a new computer, my computer is from 2015, the original version was Windows 7 Home and I...
  9. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started: I can't install Microsoft store apps, and I tried every registry fix, but it didn't work. I did a cloud reset to my computer and this is already being boring because I don't want to buy a new computer, my computer is from 2015, the original version was Windows 7 Home and I...
  10. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started