Windows 10: Windows 11 widgets; how to remove these annoying news feed windows in the Widgets panel?

Discus and support Windows 11 widgets; how to remove these annoying news feed windows in the Widgets panel? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When hovering over or clicking on the Widgets shortcut the panel appears with ~50 of these stupid little windows all showing news feeds.I don't mind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GObonzo, Mar 21, 2022.

1. GObonzo Win User

Windows 11 widgets; how to remove these annoying news feed windows in the Widgets panel?

When hovering over or clicking on the Widgets shortcut the panel appears with ~50 of these stupid little windows all showing news feeds.I don't mind the weather and a very few other widgets that show something useful but all of these news panels are pointless, annoying, and really leaning me more towards going back to Windows 10 where I can have real Live Tiles again without this excess junk.How can we really customize this panel and remove all these unwanted news panels?I have closed them with the upper-right 'X' which leaves them blank until the next time the panel opens.I have chosen to 'Hi

:)

GObonzo, Mar 21, 2022
  2. Kreij Win User

new forum banner widget

Some really cool widgetie stuff !!

Sorry, Pol, couldn't resist. Maybe a tie in to the RSS feed or something?
    Widgets are kind of neat, but I shut off the widget stuff in Vista as I have no use for it.

Kreij, Mar 21, 2022
  3. pj98RX Win User
    N97 Mini Homescreen Widgets

Maybe you need to recreate the web feed again in the native browser, e.g. the BBC News feed in the following way.

• select Menu > Web > Options > Go to > Web feeds
    • select Options > Web feed options > New feed
    • Set Title = BBC News, Address =
      http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml
      , Automatic updates = (desired update interval)
    After creating the above web feed, it should be found with name "BBC News" in the Add Content widget list.

If you still cannot find the web feed, it might be that the web feed is already added to the home screen, in that case you cannot see or select it from the list. Try removing the home screen widgets and check if the web feed widget appears in the list after
    that. Try also creating the feed with another name, in case the old "BBC News" widget name is still in use (even though not visible on the home screen).

pj98RX, Mar 21, 2022
  4. Windows 11 widgets; how to remove these annoying news feed windows in the Widgets panel?

Widgets being used as new advertising platform

Now that both Mac OS X and Windows Vista have widgets, or cool little gadgets you can spread around your desktop, ad companies have decided to try their hand at widgets. These ad-widgets would probably be put into a widget that actually does something, such as check facebook/myspace/sports statistics. Whether or not these advertisements would actually do anything would be hard to determine, considering tracking these widgets would be extremely illegal.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Mar 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 widgets; how to remove these annoying news feed windows in the Widgets panel?

1. Windows 11 widgets; how to remove these annoying news feed windows in the Widgets panel? - Similar Threads - widgets remove annoying

2. Windows News Feed on Widgets is broken in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows News Feed on Widgets is broken in Windows 11: Something's wrong with Widgets and its News Feed. About an hour ago, I noticed that the Widgets gets a blank screen that says, "We're having trouble loading the news feed. There could be something happening on our end. Reload the news to try again." But reloading never fixes...
  3. Windows News Feed on Widgets is broken in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows News Feed on Widgets is broken in Windows 11: Something's wrong with Widgets and its News Feed. About an hour ago, I noticed that the Widgets gets a blank screen that says, "We're having trouble loading the news feed. There could be something happening on our end. Reload the news to try again." But reloading never fixes...
  4. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  5. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  6. Will Windows 11 ever let us remove these annoying news panels in the widgets?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 ever let us remove these annoying news panels in the widgets?: When I click on widgets, I get so damn pissed when I see all these news articles in my face. I don't care about them. I care about what I'm looking for. when will they fix this or is there a fix?...
  7. Will Windows 11 ever let us remove these annoying news panels in the widgets?

Will Windows 11 ever let us remove these annoying news panels in the widgets?: When I click on widgets, I get so damn pissed when I see all these news articles in my face. I don't care about them. I care about what I'm looking for. when will they fix this or is there a fix?...
  8. Windows 11 widgets; how to remove these annoying news feed windows in the Widgets panel?

Windows 11 widgets; how to remove these annoying news feed windows in the Widgets panel?: When hovering over or clicking on the Widgets shortcut the panel appears with ~50 of these stupid little windows all showing news feeds.I don't mind the weather and a very few other widgets that show something useful but all of these news panels are pointless, annoying, and...
  9. Windows 11 news feed on widget panel not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 news feed on widget panel not loading: Hi, how can I fix this problem with the news feed? I already uninstalled and reinstalled the Web Experience Pack, but the problem persists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-news-feed-on-widget-panel-not-loading/bcc79d35-3ce2-4f1f-8e46-f95496725475
  10. Windows 11 news feed on widget panel not loading

Windows 11 news feed on widget panel not loading: Hi, how can I fix this problem with the news feed? I already uninstalled and reinstalled the Web Experience Pack, but the problem persists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-news-feed-on-widget-panel-not-loading/bcc79d35-3ce2-4f1f-8e46-f95496725475