Windows 10: Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

Discus and support Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not get the prompt that says make Google Chrome your default. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and still cannot? New ASUS X515... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JillPara, Dec 9, 2022.

1. JillPara Win User

Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

I do not get the prompt that says make Google Chrome your default. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and still cannot? New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home. New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home.

:)

JillPara, Dec 9, 2022

2. Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 9, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 9, 2022
  4. Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

Default app changes (browser)

Hi Kumar,

I realize that you get notification message when you open Chrome. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• In which user account are you facing this issue?

Follow these steps to confirm that Chrome is set as the default browser:

• Press “Windows key + I” to get the “Settings” screen.

• Click on “System” and click on “Default apps”.

• Under “Web Browser” select Chrome.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

1. Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome. - Similar Threads - let change browser

2. how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11: I went through the process of changing default apps to Chrome for the default browser. The first time I hit Chrome, the Chrome page comes up, but the 2nd and 3rd , etc. time Bing comes up when the Chrome iron is hit. Is there a fix for this? Thank you....
  3. how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11: I went through the process of changing default apps to Chrome for the default browser. The first time I hit Chrome, the Chrome page comes up, but the 2nd and 3rd , etc. time Bing comes up when the Chrome iron is hit. Is there a fix for this? Thank you....
  4. Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.: I do not get the prompt that says make Google Chrome your default. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and still cannot? New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home. New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home....
  5. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  6. windows 10 photos will not let me change default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 photos will not let me change default: Hi In windows 10, Windows app “photos” will not allow me to change the default to another media viewer like VLC or Windows media player (my preference). It will only let me change to an editing program like Photo elements, or Paint. I have removed Photo from windows but then...
  7. windows 10 photos will not let me change default

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 photos will not let me change default: Hi In windows 10, Windows app “photos” will not allow me to change the default to another media viewer like VLC or Windows media player (my preference). It will only let me change to an editing program like Photo elements, or Paint. I have removed Photo from windows but then...
  8. Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome

Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome: I am trying to set google chrome as my default browser but it wont show it as an option [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-not-letting-me-change-default-browser-to/f73597d8-eca6-4b79-b37d-7ffd47a7518b
  9. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...
  10. Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome: I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file type, HTML, Htm, to open with google chrome. Under Apps & Features, google is listed as my browser, but in Default apps-Web...