Windows 10: Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

Discus and support Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gturner8, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Gturner8 Win User

Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows 11 is updated. The error code I'm getting for both of these files is: We can't open x file. It uses unsupported encoding settings 0X80040154

:)

Gturner8, Aug 21, 2022
  2. wpearce Win User

I can play MP3 Music Files but not WAV files

I can play MP3 music files but not WAV files. I have looked on your website at all the fixes and tried them all. The Codex box you said to check, wasn't even available. Another suggestion [not from you] was to download VLC player. That didn't work either.
    I have tried everything suggested. Has anyone at Microsoft fixed this problem yet?

Please Advise.

wpearce, Aug 21, 2022
  3. i cannot play mp3 or wav files with my windows media player etc.

Hi,

This could be due to a conflict with the two programs after an update or a recent change. To isolate the issue on files not playing, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start to occur?
    • Can you play other audio files and you’re just having issue with mp3 and wav file formats?
    • Can you play offline videos without any issues on the device?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Aug 21, 2022
  4. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

browser "sorry we can't play this file" for mp3 and wav files?

Even though the WP7 devices supported .wav files it now seems that WP8 does not... Vote for the suggestion on Windows Phone suggestion page and hopefully the developers will take notice and add it to a future update:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...upport-wav-file-it-s-obscured-that-you-don-t-

If you're trying to download the MP3 using your Mobile browser - this doesn't work on WP8. You could make a suggestion for this on the above site too.

angryvoucher, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

1. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files - Similar Threads - play mp3 wav

2. Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11: Trying to convert a simple wav file - audio to an audio mp3 file. Without downloading some software. Is that possible or do I have to use a converter software...
  3. Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11: Trying to convert a simple wav file - audio to an audio mp3 file. Without downloading some software. Is that possible or do I have to use a converter software...
  4. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files: Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows 11 is updated. The error code I'm getting for both of these files is: We can't open x file. It uses unsupported encoding...
  5. Cannot Download MP3 or WAV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Download MP3 or WAV: I am trying to download some songs, but it does not allow me to download them as either MP3 or WAV; only MPEG Video, MPEG Audio, and All Files show when clicking the drop-down menu. I have looked everywhere but have not found a solution to this issue. How can I fix this?...
  6. Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files ok.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files ok.: Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files play fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10-will-not-play-the-audio-on/b884f8c8-6061-4733-b034-f97c465fb3e9
  7. I can play MP3 Music Files but not WAV files

I can play MP3 Music Files but not WAV files: I can play MP3 music files but not WAV files. I have looked on your website at all the fixes and tried them all. The Codex box you said to check, wasn't even available. Another suggestion [not from you] was to download VLC player. That didn't work either. I have tried...
  8. Mp3 and wav files won't open

Mp3 and wav files won't open: I go on the Libraries app on my taskbar, and try playing mp3 and wav files. When I click on them, nothing pops up, and the app says it's not responding at the top, then exists out. Help? [ATTACH]...
  9. .wav file not playing

.wav file not playing: I have a disk with some .wav files that will not play on any app on this computer. I have tried the default app (Groove music) and Windows Media Player. When using Groove I get the following error code: 0xc00d5212. When using WMP it just says it "encountered a problem when...
  10. Free MP3 to WAV converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free MP3 to WAV converter: I'm looking for a Free program to convert MP3's to WAV that will work on Windows 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mary 21885