Windows 10: Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

Discus and support Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Everytime I restart it puts them back to where it wants to. Yes I have unchecked "auto arrange icons". I have also attempted to hit F5 to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cheshyre C., May 25, 2023.

1. Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

Everytime I restart it puts them back to where it wants to. Yes I have unchecked "auto arrange icons". I have also attempted to hit F5 to no avail.

:)

Cheshyre C., May 25, 2023
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 26, 2023
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, May 26, 2023
  4. techguy31 Win User

Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

1. Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement. - Similar Threads - remember icon placement

2. Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.: Everytime I restart it puts them back to where it wants to. Yes I have unchecked "auto arrange icons". I have also attempted to hit F5 to no avail....
  3. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  4. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  5. Microsoft doesn’t remember folder size settings and placement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft doesn’t remember folder size settings and placement: When I open a folder the folder is sized to half screen. If I then resize this same folder to slightly more narrow and save, expand to full screen, and then collapse to half screen, the same recently resized folder will continue to be sized for half screen and not the size...
  6. ICON PLACEMENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON PLACEMENT: How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement/961f981f-0500-4968-9b89-34c4a66e461c
  7. desktop icon placement

desktop icon placement: have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-placement/fb04adfa-5fb8-485a-a552-64bea6d55e4b
  8. Icon placement at top to screen

Icon placement at top to screen: After reboot windows 10, unable to place any icons at the top of the screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement-at-top-to-screen/a7a6a052-93ba-4b29-8fcb-da168293de7d
  9. Windows 10 Icon Placement

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Icon Placement: I am having trouble placing icons right above the task bar. On my screen there is about an inch or two inches worth of space between the task bar and the lowest spot on my screen I can place an icon. Is there any way to fix this? 16017
  10. Placement of new icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Placement of new icons on the desktop: Hello everyone, I have an issue that has been nagging me for years now and through multiple versions of Windows and am hoping someone can help me finally figure it out. I use my desktop as my workspace - in addition to shortcuts it also contains files and folders I am...