Windows 10: Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken

Discus and support Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After applying "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668" existing and newly created custom links to the Win-X menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Timothy Cochran, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken

After applying "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668" existing and newly created custom links to the Win-X menu location will not show up in the menu. Removing this update will resolve the issue, re-applying the update will break it again. The custom links can be added here: All new users C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinXCurrent user C:\Users\"UserName"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX. A user reported the same issue here: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/after-kb5014668-update-cant-modify-winx-menu-winx-menu-changed.7294/Example f

:)

Timothy Cochran, Jul 17, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Brink Win User
    Remove Default Items on Win+X Quick Link Menu

I haven't seen a way to add icons to items in the Win+X menu.

If you like, items in the Start menu All Apps list will have icons on its items.
    Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 17, 2022
  4. rk3066 Win User

Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken

In Win.7 is there a Classic Start Menu/Button

Hi,

I'm on Windows Vista at the moment using Opera Browser and I has the nice Start Menu and i'm wondering if there is a program to add a modified Menu cause Win.7 don't have it. I tried Classic Shell it worked but it isn't like the Original Menu with the Microsoft Logo on the left

rk3066, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken

1. Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken - Similar Threads - Menu bug Start

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Win-X Menu bug Start right click menu: Custom links broken: After applying "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668" existing and newly created custom links to the Win-X menu location will not show up in the menu. Removing this update will resolve the issue, re-applying the update will break it again....
  6. Custom Icons in Right Click menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Icons in Right Click menu.: [ATTACH] Hello! Is possible to add custom icons to the right click menu options (example screenshot)? Thanks! https://preview.redd.it/qmuv6tpve2l61.png?width=215&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff27929f918cba85ad59deafc6b3aad981d2d1bc submitted by /u/_TopComp_ [link]...
  7. Right Click menu for taskbar broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click menu for taskbar broken: Hello dear All, After updating windows to 1909 from 1803 my right menu is brocken When I try to click the actions in the right click menu I always have this message for every program: [ATTACH] The same behavior in the start menu Many thanks, Iacob...
  8. Broken right-click menu entries: Windows 2004 update bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken right-click menu entries: Windows 2004 update bug?: Not 100% sure if it's from the 2004 update (installed since mid-August for me) but now nothing happens when clicking on some entries in various Windows level context menus. Examples: In File Explorer, right-click on This PC, click on Manage → Nothing In taskbar, right-click...
  9. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  10. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...