Windows 10: Windows 11, Windows Explorer Search Function Not Allowing Entry

Discus and support Windows 11, Windows Explorer Search Function Not Allowing Entry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Normal behavior: In Windows Explorer, you can click in the white box on the upper right side of the screen where it says "Type here to search", and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pegasus9, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Pegasus9 Win User

Windows 11, Windows Explorer Search Function Not Allowing Entry

Normal behavior: In Windows Explorer, you can click in the white box on the upper right side of the screen where it says "Type here to search", and type what you want. Since installing Windows 11: The search box is greyed out and will not allow text to be entered. I have rebuilt all indexes, installed all updates, performed file repair and performed indexing troubleshooter it always finds a problem but then always says it fixed it and a myriad of other fixes without success.Most solutions I have found on line apply only to Windows 10, Internet Explorer or the Search Bar.This problem is speci

:)

Pegasus9, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2021
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Windows 11, Windows Explorer Search Function Not Allowing Entry

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11, Windows Explorer Search Function Not Allowing Entry

1. Windows 11, Windows Explorer Search Function Not Allowing Entry - Similar Threads - Explorer Search Function

2. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Explorer: When I search in Explorer for something, i get a list of the files which contain that search item. However, I need to know in which folder those files are and I can't see any way of establishing that without actually opening the files. I want to be able to establish in which...
  3. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function in Explorer: When I search in Explorer for something, i get a list of the files which contain that search item. However, I need to know in which folder those files are and I can't see any way of establishing that without actually opening the files. I want to be able to establish in which...
  4. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11: Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a different folder. Thanks....
  6. "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11: Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a different folder. Thanks....
  7. Windows 11, Windows Explorer Search Function Not Allowing Entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Windows Explorer Search Function Not Allowing Entry: Normal behavior: In Windows Explorer, you can click in the white box on the upper right side of the screen where it says "Type here to search", and type what you want. Since installing Windows 11: The search box is greyed out and will not allow text to be entered. I have...
  8. Windows Explorer search box not functional

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer search box not functional: This is slightly different to the error reported by others. Most of the time, even earlier today, I could type something into the search box in Windows Explorer. I’m a little annoyed that I now have to click an extra button to get it to search, but that’s not the error....
  9. Windows Explorer Search no longer functioning

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer Search no longer functioning: My windows search has stopped working. It cannot find any files. For example, if I go to C:\Temp and try to find a file called example.txt it cannot find the file nor any other file. If I go to Index Options, the dialog is blank and although it says waiting to receive...
  10. Windows Explorer search functionality not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search functionality not working: Cannot get result when we do a simple file search. Some times it keeps loading and sometimes get blank result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-functionality-not-working/d81249cd-84b1-40db-98c1-561d30d0537c