Windows 10: Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong

Discus and support Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows Hello Pin Setup "Something Went Wrong"When I try to open my laptop I get a message that pops up and says something along the lines of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SeanChaleekul, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong

Windows Hello Pin Setup "Something Went Wrong"When I try to open my laptop I get a message that pops up and says something along the lines of "Something went wrong and your pin isn't working" and I've always had to use my phone authenticator app to log into my laptop. I've tried setting up a new pin but then it says "Something Went Wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a new PIN later." I've tried setting a new pin for a month now and I've tried Deleting the NGC folder but it still doesn't work.These are you system SpecsProcessor AMD Ryzen 7

:)

SeanChaleekul, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Cannot setup windows hello

I've looked up ways to setup Windows hello online and have done every step but i still cannot setup windows hello even though i have set up both Password and PIN. Can somebody please tell me where i did wrong

Mai Anh Pham, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong

1. Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong - Similar Threads - Hello Pin Setup

2. Something went wrong. Pin setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong. Pin setup: I have had my laptop for 2 weeks when suddenly i can nolonger access windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the only account I have setup. When I click "sign in" it opens a Microsoft account window asking to sign in to my account. I enter my email and click "next". I...
  3. Something went wrong. Pin setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong. Pin setup: I have had my laptop for 2 weeks when suddenly i can nolonger access windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the only account I have setup. When I click "sign in" it opens a Microsoft account window asking to sign in to my account. I enter my email and click "next". I...
  4. Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong: Windows Hello Pin Setup "Something Went Wrong"When I try to open my laptop I get a message that pops up and says something along the lines of "Something went wrong and your pin isn't working" and I've always had to use my phone authenticator app to log into my laptop. I've...
  5. windows hello unavailable , something went wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello unavailable , something went wrong: i own a huawei matebook D14, ryzen 7. now the issue is that it says windows hello is currently unavailable. i bought this laptop new, and been pretty active with the updates. so my windows is at the latest version. when i create a new user, the windows hello allows me to put...
  6. Windows Hello: Sorry - Something went wrong Asking for a pin

Windows Hello: Sorry - Something went wrong Asking for a pin: Hello, I have just recently attempted to improve my Windows Hello recognition. I also changed my windows Hello PIN. After I did this I tried to log in for better recognitions. It says Hi, dismiss the lock screen, but then asks me for the pin which does not normally occur,...
  7. Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.

Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition. I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and up again, The login screen is blank. I have to put it to sleep and re-enter. When I do that, the error comes up saying...
  8. Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.: [ATTACH] Disclaimer: Not me but my sister who still live at home so due to COVID-19 info updates can be a bit slow. The dutch in the picture just says "something went wrong." Problem: when loging in she often gets the following error (translated from dutch): "Your...
  9. Window Hello face recognition setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

Window Hello face recognition setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': Hey, Some time ago function face recognition in Windows Hello stopped working. When I run setup face recognition, I get a message 'Sorry, something went wrong.' I can't delete my remembered faces. I tried to reset the settings as described below but it didn't help....
  10. Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': This happens every time I want to setup my fingerprint. The driver and Windows are up-to-date. It worked fine with my previous account but I accidentally messed up the account and I deleted it and used the Administrator account until now. How do I solve the error? Thank you....