Windows 10: Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

Discus and support Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zenflies, Oct 18, 2021.

1. zenflies Win User

Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it leads:

:)

zenflies, Oct 18, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

JSON FILES

Hi Acemere

The steps above create a dummy exe file, which you point windows to open json files with, then you delete the dummy exe and restart, When you restart the dummy exe will not exist, so Windows will not know how to open json files and that file association will
    revert to unknown and the icon should be the default white icon . ..

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

1. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox - Similar Threads - Terminal Settings Defaults

2. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application: Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make it as the default terminal application despite already set it in the terminal settings.This made me have to open the Windows...
  3. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application: Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make it as the default terminal application despite already set it in the terminal settings.This made me have to open the Windows...
  4. How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows Terminal includes Command Prompt, PowerShell, and some other command-line interpreter tools and makes it easier for the user to switch between them, as you can just change tabs to use the tool of your choice. That’s why many users want to set Windows Terminal...
  5. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  6. Windows 11 terminal setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 terminal setting: When I open windows 11 terminal admin, click on down arrow and click on setting. It does not open setting menu but open with Visual Studio. Anyone know how to fix this this issues. I located settings.json file but don't know how to set NOT open in visual studio.Thank you....
  7. Windows 11 terminal setting

Windows 11 terminal setting: When I open windows 11 terminal admin, click on down arrow and click on setting. It does not open setting menu but open with Visual Studio. Anyone know how to fix this this issues. I located settings.json file but don't know how to set NOT open in visual studio.Thank you....
  8. Json file opens in notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Json file opens in notepad: Ok so dont hate me too much cause I dont know anything about programming So here's my problem I got a game and I found out you could mod the game and change the map for that you needed an json file of the map which you would overwrite one of your saved maps with and I...
  9. .JSON files unable to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    .JSON files unable to open: So .json files, as far as my knowledge goes, are used for scripts, and once I decided to get such a script, however when I started it, it didn't work. So I tried different ways to fix it I now know the script was just faulty and one of those ways was to look at the code, and...
  10. How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?: I newly installed Windows Terminal after downloading it directly from Microsoft Store. Due to being complete novice I clicked on the drop down arrow, selected "Settings" and mistakenly set the default JSON Editor as "open in web browser". So now every time when I click on...