Windows 10: Windows 11 - Windows Update missing buttons and text, Troubleshoot says "To finish fixing a...

Discus and support Windows 11 - Windows Update missing buttons and text, Troubleshoot says "To finish fixing a... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently disabled Optane on my laptop, and upgraded to a NVMe SSD from an HDD.Now Windows Update looks like this:And when I go to Troubleshoot, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hayke02, Aug 17, 2022.

1. hayke02 Win User

Windows 11 - Windows Update missing buttons and text, Troubleshoot says "To finish fixing a...

I recently disabled Optane on my laptop, and upgraded to a NVMe SSD from an HDD.Now Windows Update looks like this:And when I go to Troubleshoot, it looks like this the Restart button does nothing, and an actual restart doesn't clear the message:The Windows Update trouble-shooter doesn't appear under "Other trouble-shooters":This doesn't look good either !!!

:)

hayke02, Aug 17, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

I did this after disabling the update service: Windows Update: FAQ

Currently at step 3.

P4-630, Aug 18, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 11 - Windows Update missing buttons and text, Troubleshoot says "To finish fixing a...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 - Windows Update missing buttons and text, Troubleshoot says "To finish fixing a... - Similar Threads - Update missing buttons

2. Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooting is missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooting is missing?: I'm having issues with my USB keyboard after a botched attempt at installing a joystick.All the usual key letters, numbers, etc don't work unless I press several other keys at the same time; but the unique buttons volume, brightness, calculator all work fine.I wanted to run...
  3. Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooting is missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooting is missing?: I'm having issues with my USB keyboard after a botched attempt at installing a joystick.All the usual key letters, numbers, etc don't work unless I press several other keys at the same time; but the unique buttons volume, brightness, calculator all work fine.I wanted to run...
  4. Windows 11 Power Troubleshooter Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Power Troubleshooter Missing: Since purchasing my Dell AiO Inspiron 24-3455, which came loaded with Windows 11, I have had power problems. Even though the power settings are set to Balanced power mode and to go to sleep after 15 minutes, sometimes the PC stays on for hours including overnight and...
  5. Windows 11 Power Troubleshooter Missing

Windows 11 Power Troubleshooter Missing: Since purchasing my Dell AiO Inspiron 24-3455, which came loaded with Windows 11, I have had power problems. Even though the power settings are set to Balanced power mode and to go to sleep after 15 minutes, sometimes the PC stays on for hours including overnight and...
  6. Windows 11 - Windows Update missing buttons and text, Troubleshoot says "To finish fixing a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Update missing buttons and text, Troubleshoot says "To finish fixing a...: I recently disabled Optane on my laptop, and upgraded to a NVMe SSD from an HDD.Now Windows Update looks like this:And when I go to Troubleshoot, it looks like this the Restart button does nothing, and an actual restart doesn't clear the message:The Windows Update...
  7. windows 11 update button missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 update button missing: last week I already have the choice to update to windows 11 in the windows update settings. but I was busy using the laptop at that time so I didn't update it yet. And now suddenly in my windows update, the choice to update to win 11 is missing, I keep clicking check for...
  8. windows 11 update button missing

windows 11 update button missing: last week I already have the choice to update to windows 11 in the windows update settings. but I was busy using the laptop at that time so I didn't update it yet. And now suddenly in my windows update, the choice to update to win 11 is missing, I keep clicking check for...
  9. windows 11 update button missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. windows update button missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update button missing: I can use check for update button but updates not showing. Tried running troubleshooter but no errors found. for more information, please see screen shots belowMy update history...