Windows 10: Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones

Discus and support Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using a framework laptop which only has 1 audio jack. I recently got speakers to use for it they have left and right speakers as well as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Josh314151, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones

I am using a framework laptop which only has 1 audio jack. I recently got speakers to use for it they have left and right speakers as well as a subwoofer. I want to use some of the speaker enhancements for them but these are unavailable to me because windows is recognizing them as headphones. Is there any way I can change how they are being detected a specific driver or through the command line or is there an app I can use that would give the same or better functionality as the audio enhancements that windows provides for speakers?

:)

Josh314151, Jun 20, 2022
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jun 20, 2022
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jun 20, 2022
  4. TANYAG56 Win User

Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones

Headphones detected as Speakers

Hi,

I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack.

The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones plays, if I want the sound to play on my speakers, I have to unplug my headphones.

I want to be able to use them separately, like play spotify on my speakers and games and discord on my headphones..

Please help!

TANYAG56, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones

1. Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones - Similar Threads - Wired Speakers Detected

2. wired headphone detection problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wired headphone detection problem?: Before starting my laptop when I connect my wired 3.5mm headphone it works fine, but after reconnecting it again it do not detect it. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-headphone-detection-problem/fd47bcae-8f26-460f-be39-95fa8f09e987
  3. wired headphone detection problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired headphone detection problem?: Before starting my laptop when I connect my wired 3.5mm headphone it works fine, but after reconnecting it again it do not detect it. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-headphone-detection-problem/fd47bcae-8f26-460f-be39-95fa8f09e987
  4. wired headphones detected as speakers and do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired headphones detected as speakers and do not work: in the realtek hd audio manager it says speakers are connected but i have wired headphones. and i cannot hear out of them, the headphones work on other devices but not on the pc...
  5. wired headphones detected as speakers and do not work

wired headphones detected as speakers and do not work: in the realtek hd audio manager it says speakers are connected but i have wired headphones. and i cannot hear out of them, the headphones work on other devices but not on the pc...
  6. Headphones detecting as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detecting as speakers: need help searched the internet for solutions non of them worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-detecting-as-speakers/f6ec7b99-aaf6-4a97-868c-085fd31e8b45
  7. Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones

Windows 11 Wired Speakers Detected as Headphones: I am using a framework laptop which only has 1 audio jack. I recently got speakers to use for it they have left and right speakers as well as a subwoofer. I want to use some of the speaker enhancements for them but these are unavailable to me because windows is recognizing...
  8. headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11: my laptop is detecting speakers and headset as headphones , is there a way to change this , also there was a auto pop up box wen i used to connect audio devices so i could chose which audio device it was , in windows 11 its not asking ?...
  9. headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11

headset and speaker detected as headphones in windows 11: my laptop is detecting speakers and headset as headphones , is there a way to change this , also there was a auto pop up box wen i used to connect audio devices so i could chose which audio device it was , in windows 11 its not asking ?...
  10. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...