Windows 10: Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Up until recently, I had a machine with activated Windows 10 digital license which I had purchased from Microsoft's website. Subsequently, I changed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanielKalinov, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account

Up until recently, I had a machine with activated Windows 10 digital license which I had purchased from Microsoft's website. Subsequently, I changed my motherboard and CPU, and did a clean install with Windows 11 on a new SSD, using my Microsoft account. Currently, Windows 11 states that I do not possess a license which I don't think is correct, unless I am misunderstanding something. These are the things I've tried:-Removing license from old machine that still had Windows 10-Running the troubleshooter with the option for changed hardware-Restarting the PC multiple times-Updating WindowsAny he

:)

DanielKalinov, Nov 25, 2022

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Nov 25, 2022
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

I'm having the same issue.

But I also have a device named "PC" in the device list now. It's just PC. I guess it appeared after the Anniversary update.

Before the update, I could see my computer on the MSA device list, even though I've been using local account. But now it appears only if I login to W10 using my Microsoft account. If I switch to local account, it disappears. But the "PC" stays there whether I use MSA or local acc.

So what's that "PC"? Any ideas?

It's also not cool that MS forcing people to use MS account to login their PCs. Activated devices were always in the device list even if you use local account before that so called update.

supertramp, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account

1. Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - won't activate though

2. I have my windows 11 home activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft account....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my windows 11 home activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft account....: the type of license is Retail.I have laptops with pre installed win 10 before. and upgraded it to win 11 home. and my same account connected to the laptop. but the type of license is OEM not Retail.And I have digital license for win 11 pro NOT home retail type for work. not...
  3. I have my windows 11 home activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft account....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have my windows 11 home activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft account....: the type of license is Retail.I have laptops with pre installed win 10 before. and upgraded it to win 11 home. and my same account connected to the laptop. but the type of license is OEM not Retail.And I have digital license for win 11 pro NOT home retail type for work. not...
  4. Windows is failing to activate even though I have a digital license, how can I resolve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is failing to activate even though I have a digital license, how can I resolve this?: Hi, I use Windows 11 Home on my personal PC and my windows license for this PC is linked with digital license on my Microsoft Account. Everything was working perfectly when suddenly when I started my PC today and saw Activate Windows notification. I tried to troubleshoot but...
  5. Windows is failing to activate even though I have a digital license, how can I resolve this?

Windows is failing to activate even though I have a digital license, how can I resolve this?: Hi, I use Windows 11 Home on my personal PC and my windows license for this PC is linked with digital license on my Microsoft Account. Everything was working perfectly when suddenly when I started my PC today and saw Activate Windows notification. I tried to troubleshoot but...
  6. Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account

Windows 11 won't activate even though I have a digital license on my Microsoft account: Up until recently, I had a machine with activated Windows 10 digital license which I had purchased from Microsoft's website. Subsequently, I changed my motherboard and CPU, and did a clean install with Windows 11 on a new SSD, using my Microsoft account. Currently, Windows 11...
  7. Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting: The Motherboard is the same. Previously I had Windows 10 on a virtual machine, and the digital license worked in that case, however - recently, I've decided to dual boot Linux and Windows 10, and everything seems to work correctly except for the fact that the digital license...
  8. I have a digital license on my Microsoft Account but windows can't activate with error code...

I have a digital license on my Microsoft Account but windows can't activate with error code...: As the subject says, I have reinstalled windows 10 on my machine cause my windows crashed. I have been reinstalling windows more than 10 times now in the previous years and my digital license worked great until now. I have logged in my microsoft account just as the other...
  9. I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account

I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account: Hi, I recently built a new computer. After logging in with my MS account, I am told that no product key was found on my device. Error code: 0xC004F213 I am certain that I had a digital license linked to my MS account previously, on multiple of my computers. I have also...
  10. Windows won't activate even though i have online license

Windows won't activate even though i have online license: "Waiting to be filled by oem" I know that my hardwared is locked to a different motherboard, I forgot to tell microsoft i was switching hardware, which seems kind of ridiculous. But anyway i no longer have that motherboard because i sold it. Is there anyway to activate...