Windows 10: Windows 11 won't install - stuck on boot screen after restart

Discus and support Windows 11 won't install - stuck on boot screen after restart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,Struggling to upgrade my laptop to windows 11. It's elgible for the update and shows up in the windows update section. Everytime I update I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James1996, Sep 22, 2022.

1. James1996 Win User

Windows 11 won't install - stuck on boot screen after restart

Hi All,Struggling to upgrade my laptop to windows 11. It's elgible for the update and shows up in the windows update section. Everytime I update I get as far as needing to restart the PC then my laptop just gets stuck on the boot screen. From there I have to power off manually, then turn back on, then back off again, then it will start and I'm back on Windows 10. I then get greeted by this error:OxC1900101 - 0x20017The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operationThings I've tried:-Installing through windows update-Installing through Media creation tool download

:)

James1996, Sep 22, 2022
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2022
  4. JanJan Win User

Computer stuck at MB screen boot

My computer is refusing to boot. Most of the time it would stuck at the MB screen where you would press a button to enter bios. Other time it would get pass that point and go to the windows logo loading then restart itself.

Note: i can enter bios most of the time. my keyboard would register command at MB screen but wouldnt register when i try to choose between dual boot win 7 or ubuntu. sometimes it would be able to go into the windows recovery (cant recover) and restart the loop

I'm thinking it's a power supply or RAM problem...?

additional info: before this happen my computer wont boot at all. i have to remove the speaker and 1 fan for it to boot. if i leave those on, there would be a 1 second long beep and screen stay dark. thank you for any help

JanJan, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 won't install - stuck on boot screen after restart - Similar Threads - won't install stuck

2. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update: HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the...
  3. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update: HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the...
  4. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on Mb screen after installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Mb screen after installing windows 11: Installed windows 11 and this is as far as I get. Tried resetting cmosshorting jumpers and replacing battery. NOTHING!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-mb-screen-after-installing-windows-11/8a6cc3fa-711b-4d45-8e9f-0217352b6b58
  6. Stuck on Mb screen after installing windows 11

Stuck on Mb screen after installing windows 11: Installed windows 11 and this is as far as I get. Tried resetting cmosshorting jumpers and replacing battery. NOTHING!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-mb-screen-after-installing-windows-11/8a6cc3fa-711b-4d45-8e9f-0217352b6b58
  7. Windows 11 won't install - stuck on boot screen after restart

Windows 11 won't install - stuck on boot screen after restart: Hi All,Struggling to upgrade my laptop to windows 11. It's elgible for the update and shows up in the windows update section. Everytime I update I get as far as needing to restart the PC then my laptop just gets stuck on the boot screen. From there I have to power off...
  8. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart: For a while now, anytime I boot up my laptop, I get a black screen. I can see that the screen is on, but the only option I have is to press WIN+P which opens the external screen menu but selecting any of the options doesn't change anything Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't get any...
  9. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart: For a while now, anytime I boot up my laptop, I get a black screen. I can see that the screen is on, but the only option I have is to press WIN+P which opens the external screen menu but selecting any of the options doesn't change anything Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't get any...
  10. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

in Windows 10 Customization