Windows 10: Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly

Discus and support Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi.A few years ago, I decided to virtualise some of my audio CDs with ImgBurn on an old laptop with Windows 8. Because it had multiple tracks, I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Francis J E Mudrak, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly

Hi.A few years ago, I decided to virtualise some of my audio CDs with ImgBurn on an old laptop with Windows 8. Because it had multiple tracks, I could not create an .ISO image, but created a .CUE and .BIN file instead. I no longer have either the laptop or original CD. Today, I decided to revisit the backups, and noticed they didn't work. I used two third-party programs to try and read the files. Virtual CloneDrive allowed me to mount the .BIN file, but once I did, an error message showed up saying Windows can't access this disc and it may be corrupt. I then tried WinISO to read the file conte

:)

Francis J E Mudrak, Nov 23, 2021

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Files waiting to be burned on disk error

Hello,

As you want to remove the notification for "Files waiting to be burned", I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open This PC.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder
    • Delete the files preset in the above location and check for status.

Note: This will delete the files which have been selected to burn on CD/DVD.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly

Alternative to Daemon Tools Lite to mount Audio Cue/Bin CD images

You can’t convert an audio bin/cue into an iso. You lose the track information on the cue sheet and it is no longer recognized as an audio CD. The file structure of a bin/cue differs from the ISO9660 of an iso.

CaptainKoloth, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly

1. Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly - Similar Threads - won't read CUE

2. Can't burn CDs, but no problem reading or ripping them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't burn CDs, but no problem reading or ripping them: I'm having trouble with burning CDs. Whether I use Windows Media Player, iTunes, or just File Explorer, whenever I initiate the burn it ejects the disc almost immediately. Explorer and WMP don't even give me an error, they just yeet the disc. iTunes gives me unknown error,...
  3. Can't burn CDs, but no problem reading or ripping them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't burn CDs, but no problem reading or ripping them: I'm having trouble with burning CDs. Whether I use Windows Media Player, iTunes, or just File Explorer, whenever I initiate the burn it ejects the disc almost immediately. Explorer and WMP don't even give me an error, they just yeet the disc. iTunes gives me unknown error,...
  4. Can't burn CDs, but no problem reading or ripping them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Controller not being properly read in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not being properly read in Windows 11: I can't explain this without going into detail, so this will likely be a lengthy post.I have a Xbox Series S/X controller that I use wired. The cable I use is a USB-C to USB-C, as my laptop also has a USB-C port. Before and after updating to Windows 11, I saw no difference...
  6. Controller not being properly read in Windows 11

Controller not being properly read in Windows 11: I can't explain this without going into detail, so this will likely be a lengthy post.I have a Xbox Series S/X controller that I use wired. The cable I use is a USB-C to USB-C, as my laptop also has a USB-C port. Before and after updating to Windows 11, I saw no difference...
  7. Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly: Hi.A few years ago, I decided to virtualise some of my audio CDs with ImgBurn on an old laptop with Windows 8. Because it had multiple tracks, I could not create an .ISO image, but created a .CUE and .BIN file instead. I no longer have either the laptop or original CD. Today,...
  8. Can't read bin files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't read bin files.: Hi, so whenever I try to open a bin file it returns a message saying "An error occurred while unpacking: Unable to read data! Unarc.dll reyrned an error code:-6 ERROR: Can't open file C:\Users\User\XXXXX.bin (example) Please help submitted by /u/Gabin123456 [link]...
  9. Windows 10 cannot read any .bin files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cannot read any .bin files: Hi, I have a newly purchased laptop, Windows 10 was already pre-installed on it by manufacturer Lenovo. I am experiencing a weird issue which I have never seen before. Windows is not able to read any .bin files. Several application installers which would read the data from...
  10. CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file

CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file: Hi there This old program still works in W10. If you want to convert a load of tracks to a single audio file or you have a .cue file with say .ape / .mp3 or whatever and you want to convert it back into Tracks again then this program CUETOOLS works a treat. Free...