Windows 10: Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery

Discus and support Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello All,I am facing a problem with Windows 11. When my laptop is connected to a power supply, It works incredibly & smoothly but when I use it on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdvaithAithal, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery

Hello All,I am facing a problem with Windows 11. When my laptop is connected to a power supply, It works incredibly & smoothly but when I use it on a battery, It works slowly & UI animations get messed up. I can see a lag over there even though my battery settings are in the best performance mode. I never faced this issue when I was using Windows 10. Can someone explain to me what is causing this & what can be done?Thank You :

:)

AdvaithAithal, Jan 30, 2023

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery

1. Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery - Similar Threads - works fine power

2. Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...: My model is FA617NS. My screen freezes whenever my dgpu is driving the display and power is not plugged in after downloading from AMD website. I plug it back in and after about 30 sec it works just fine....
  3. Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...: My model is FA617NS. My screen freezes whenever my dgpu is driving the display and power is not plugged in after downloading from AMD website. I plug it back in and after about 30 sec it works just fine....
  4. Laptop's cpu gets stuck at 0.4ghz on battery but works fine when plugged in

Laptop's cpu gets stuck at 0.4ghz on battery but works fine when plugged in: I have bought my Dell G-15 gaming laptop and year ago. It had work perfectly till now since from a few days it's acting weirdly. It became sluggish occasionally and I had to restart. At first i didn't understand the problem and reinstalled the windows but it didn't fix the...
  5. Laptop's cpu gets stuck at 0.4ghz on battery but works fine when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's cpu gets stuck at 0.4ghz on battery but works fine when plugged in: I have bought my Dell G-15 gaming laptop and year ago. It had work perfectly till now since from a few days it's acting weirdly. It became sluggish occasionally and I had to restart. At first i didn't understand the problem and reinstalled the windows but it didn't fix the...
  6. Windows 11, in the System > Power & Battery > Power > Screen and Sleep > When plugged in,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, in the System > Power & Battery > Power > Screen and Sleep > When plugged in,...: With Windows 11, in the System > Power & Battery > Power > Screen and Sleep > When plugged in, put my device to sleep after: I set it to 30 min, 40 min, an hour, and after some time it always resets to Never. Why is this and can I set something to make it work? There is no...
  7. Windows 11, in the System > Power & Battery > Power > Screen and Sleep > When plugged in,...

Windows 11, in the System > Power & Battery > Power > Screen and Sleep > When plugged in,...: With Windows 11, in the System > Power & Battery > Power > Screen and Sleep > When plugged in, put my device to sleep after: I set it to 30 min, 40 min, an hour, and after some time it always resets to Never. Why is this and can I set something to make it work? There is no...
  8. Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery

Windows 11 works fine when it's on power & works poor when it's on battery: Hello All,I am facing a problem with Windows 11. When my laptop is connected to a power supply, It works incredibly & smoothly but when I use it on a battery, It works slowly & UI animations get messed up. I can see a lag over there even though my battery settings are in the...
  9. Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in: Hello guys My laptop is a HP Win 10, Intel i5-6200U, AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB Graphics, 8Gb RAM Since last week I am facing a weird problem where my games War Thunder, Civ6, GTA5 work fine on battery power but crash after plugging in the charger. The laptop doesn't crash just...
  10. Audio not working when on battery power. Plugging in and rebooting fixes the issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working when on battery power. Plugging in and rebooting fixes the issue.: When plugged in, my laptop (Dell, Windows 10) audio works with no problem. When on battery power, I get no audio at all - neither through speakers nor headphones. Plugging in the computer and rebooting fixes the problem. I seem to remember clicking an option some time ago to...