Windows 10: Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Dell laptop was previously Windows 10, now 11. When I right click any zipped folder, it immediately crashes Windows Explorer, but then everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris Sutton Tampa, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer

My Dell laptop was previously Windows 10, now 11. When I right click any zipped folder, it immediately crashes Windows Explorer, but then everything comes back. I can't unzip any zipped file at all - doesn't seem to matter what size it is. I was trying to use the built-in unzipper utility in Windows, and when that didn't work I tried a couple 3rd party apps, including WinZip. Nothing works; they all crash, and they crash on ANY zipped file I have.And by the way if I try to ZIP any set of files - even just 3 little word files, it does the same thing. The screen flashes, all my icons go away

:)

Chris Sutton Tampa, Jan 23, 2022
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jan 23, 2022
  3. digibucc Win User
    Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer

1. Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer - Similar Threads - zipped folders files

2. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  3. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  4. File explorer crashes whenever zipped folders are single clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crashes whenever zipped folders are single clicked: File explorer crashes whenever zipped folders are single clicked. Perhaps related, a taskbar pinned file explorer icon crashes file explorer whenever clicked as well. SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped workingDate‎5/‎7/‎2023 2:06 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting...
  5. File explorer crashes whenever zipped folders are single clicked

File explorer crashes whenever zipped folders are single clicked: File explorer crashes whenever zipped folders are single clicked. Perhaps related, a taskbar pinned file explorer icon crashes file explorer whenever clicked as well. SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped workingDate‎5/‎7/‎2023 2:06 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting...
  6. Windows 11 When clicking on a zip file just once it crashes my file explorer

Windows 11 When clicking on a zip file just once it crashes my file explorer: I noticed that a lot of people has been having trouble with it including me, people are using a more powerful computer than me and there also having the same problem. Also, its been happening since I got windows 11, is there like an update that I have to do to resolve this...
  7. Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer: My Dell laptop was previously Windows 10, now 11. When I right click any zipped folder, it immediately crashes Windows Explorer, but then everything comes back. I can't unzip any zipped file at all - doesn't seem to matter what size it is. I was trying to use the built-in...
  8. Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed: Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed. It's a new laptop, was ok until i downloaded a zip file to install an app. just the presence of the file in the folder seems to cause windows explorer to hang. Event Viewer reports...
  9. Zip file in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Zip file in File Explorer: Hi I try to open a zip file in "File Explorer/Windows 10" with double click on, but it is no working. I'm trying with right mouse click to “extract all”, and I have got the error: Windows cannot complete the extraction The compressed zipper Folder XXX is invalid any...
  10. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer: Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my...