Windows 10: Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles

Discus and support Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Microsoft announced the upcoming operating system Windows 11, it revealed that users of its operating system would be able to install and use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 17, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles

When Microsoft announced the upcoming operating system Windows 11, it revealed that users of its operating system would be able to install and use Android applications on the device.

The company was not talking about its Your Phone app and application mirroring technique, but native support for Android apps. Since Google's Play Store was out of the question, Microsoft came to an agreement with Amazon to integrate Amazon AppStore support into Windows 11.

Users of Windows 11 can browse the store, install and manage apps and games available on it, and use them on their devices.

Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles amazon-app-store-windows-11-support.png

Google, in the meantime, announced that it will make the switch from using the currently used APK format for Android applications to the new App Bundle format. Starting in August 2021, Android developers need to submit their applications in the new format to the Google Play store.

The App Bundle format has some advantages, including smaller distribution sizes. One downside of the approach is that the new format is finetuned for specific devices, which means that it will be more difficult to extract the app and make it available for distribution elsewhere. Currently, APK files will work on most devices that match the architectural requirements. In the future, numerous files are required to offer these applications for sideloading.

Developers may still release their apps as APK files. The change would impact the availability of apps on Windows 11, as sideloading would be more difficult.

Amazon confirmed this week that its store will support the App Bundle format.

Amazon Appstore is actively working to support the new format, which will provide benefits such as smaller app size downloads for customers and on-demand downloads for features and assets. These changes benefit customers by helping them download specific aspects of an app in real-time as needed.

Unlike on Google Play, App Bundles remains an optional format in the Amazon Appstore. Developers may continue to upload APK files for their apps, or use the new format once it is supported.

Another difference between Google Play and Amazon Appstore requirements is that Google requires that developers submit their app signing key while Amazon does not.

Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system benefits from Amazon's decision, as it ensures that the new format is also supported on Microsoft's next version of Windows.

Google Play has the edge when it comes to apps and games that are available, but Microsoft pushing Android apps on Windows through Amazon's AppStore could help bring the app offerings closer together. Amazon's store may also benefit from the decision to support the App Bundle format without requesting the signing key of developers and publishers.

Now You: would you install Android apps on your Windows device? Which would you install?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 17, 2021

2. Amazon appstore

The Amazon appstore and it's associated apps are designed to run on Android-based devices like a Kindle fire. The Windows Phone OS is a completely different OS and none of the apps you got through the Amazon appstore can be installed or run on a Windows
    Phone. Consequently, there is no Amazon appstore app that can be installed on windows phones.

You'll have to download, purchase and install windows phone apps, which you can get via the Marketplace tile that is on the phone's home screen.

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Amazon appstore

How can I download the Amazon appstore app so I don't have to rebuy all the games I already bought on my kindle fire. I have a windows phone

ChristienWills, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles

Apps for Non Android?

There is no Amazon appstore app that can be installed on a windows phone.

The Amazon appstore is where you can get apps for a phone that runs the Android operating system.

Windows Phone, such as all Lumia phones, run the Windows Phone operating system.

The Android operating system is not the same thing as the windows phone operating system.

Since the Amazon appstore only provides app for phones that run the Android operating system and since you have a windows phone, why are you trying to install apps that were not made to run on a windows phone to your phone?

The only place you can get apps for a windows phone is in the Windows Phone Marketplace which you can find by tapping the Marketplace tile on your phone's home screen or by going to
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/featured-apps

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles

1. Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles - Similar Threads - 11's Android future

2. Apps not found in Amazon Appstore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not found in Amazon Appstore: I have the Amazon Appstore up and running and the Windows 11 VM working too. All good. Is there any way to load non Appstore apps instead of waiting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-found-in-amazon-appstore/2e405af0-1c0d-4266-846f-891fa614f844
  3. Apps not found in Amazon Appstore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not found in Amazon Appstore: I have the Amazon Appstore up and running and the Windows 11 VM working too. All good. Is there any way to load non Appstore apps instead of waiting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-found-in-amazon-appstore/2e405af0-1c0d-4266-846f-891fa614f844
  4. Amazon Appstore support in certain countries

Amazon Appstore support in certain countries: Hi, would anyone know how to install the Amazon Appstore without setting their region to US or Joining the windows insider program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-appstore-support-in-certain-countries/98d57cac-6645-4089-b8d7-3229bc969017
  5. Amazon Appstore support in certain countries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amazon Appstore support in certain countries: Hi, would anyone know how to install the Amazon Appstore without setting their region to US or Joining the windows insider program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-appstore-support-in-certain-countries/98d57cac-6645-4089-b8d7-3229bc969017
  6. Windows 11 Amazon AppStore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Amazon AppStore: On 2022/2/23, KB501041 was updated. They all said that it can adapt to the installation of Android subsystem applications, but the premise is that the Amazon App Store must be installed. Why can't my Microsoft Store search for the Amazon AppStore. Here is my system version...
  7. Windows 11 Amazon AppStore

Windows 11 Amazon AppStore: On 2022/2/23, KB501041 was updated. They all said that it can adapt to the installation of Android subsystem applications, but the premise is that the Amazon App Store must be installed. Why can't my Microsoft Store search for the Amazon AppStore. Here is my system version...
  8. Storage Device Not Supported for Amazon Appstore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Device Not Supported for Amazon Appstore: I just updated to Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 6 and wanted to install Amazon Appstore to get Android apps. I verified that my Windows build and Microsoft Store were the required versions. No results when I searched the Store for "Amazon Appstore". I found a link for the app...
  9. Storage Device Not Supported for Amazon Appstore

Storage Device Not Supported for Amazon Appstore: I just updated to Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 6 and wanted to install Amazon Appstore to get Android apps. I verified that my Windows build and Microsoft Store were the required versions. No results when I searched the Store for "Amazon Appstore". I found a link for the app...
  10. Amazon Appstore has high requirements for running Android apps on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Amazon Appstore has high requirements for running Android apps on Windows 11: The Amazon Appstore application is the official storefront to install Android applications on Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system using the Windows Subsystem for Android as the foundation. [ATTACH] Microsoft released a preview of the Windows Subsystem for Android and...