Windows 10: Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge...

Discus and support Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Task Manager is a very useful feature in Windows, and the processes list is perhaps the most option in the tool. The list shows you the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 13, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge...

The Task Manager is a very useful feature in Windows, and the processes list is perhaps the most option in the tool. The list shows you the system resource usage of programs that are running actively, and in the background.

Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge... Windows-10-Microsoft-Edge-processes.jpg

It's great for the most part, but when it comes to browsers, it does seem a little confusing. The utility shows several instances of the browser, each of which uses a certain amount of CPU and memory. In a way, this multiprocess list is almost not user-friendly. When a user notices that their computer begins to lag, the first thing they do is open the Task Manager to see what's causing the problem. If the browser usage seems high, they might panic and close the browser, you can't really blame them for doing that.

Tip: You are using an ad blocker to protect yourself from ads and trackers, aren't you? Ad blockers can also help prevent excessive resource usage.

An article on the Windows blog explains how the Windows 11 Task Manager displays additional information related to the Microsoft Edge processes. The feature is already live for users on the stable channel, the current version of the browser is Microsoft Edge 94.0.992.47. Here is a screenshot that shows the new way that the Task Manager lists the processes.

Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge... Windows-11s-Task-Manager-now-displays-the-site-name-icon-tab-title-for-Microsoft-Edge-processes.jpg

Instead of listing a bunch of Microsoft Edge instances, the monitoring tool now shows the tab information in the processes list. This includes the site name, tab title, and the favicon of each tab. So, now you can actually figure out which tab is using a lot of resources, and close it instead of exiting the browser. That is really useful. Of course, you may also choose to select a specific process and click the End Task button to close it.

Here are the different processes that the Task Manager lists, and a brief description of what they do.

• Browser Process - The primary process for managing windows and tabs
    • GPU Process - Tasks that are using the graphics card
    • Crashpad - Monitors crashes in Microsoft Edge
    • Utility - Audio Playback, Network Service, etc
    • Plug-in and Extension - Related to the resource usage of add-ons and plugins
    • Renderer - Used for executing code such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript
    • Dedicated workers/service workers - subframes and scripts that run in the background.

Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge... Microsoft-Edge-multiprocess-task-manager.png

Image Credit: Windows Blog.

Some Edge processes will display an arrow icon next to them in the Task Manager, clicking on which reveals other items that are sharing the process. This information is also available right in the Microsoft Edge browser. Open the browser and press the Shift + Esc keys, and Edge will display its built-in Task Manager. This functionality will not work with InPrivate tabs, to protect the user's privacy.

Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge... Windows-11-Microsoft-Edge-built-in-task-manager.jpg

It is unclear whether the Task Manager will support other browsers like Firefox and Chrome, but this may depend. I updated to Edge 94 on a Windows 10 computer that we have at home, but the Task Manager still displays the processes in the old style, unlike my Windows 11 system. So, we are not sure if Windows 10 will get the same treatment.

Do you like new Task Manager feature?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge processes appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Edge Windows Task Manager Improvements in Windows 10

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ts/m-p/2280526

Brink, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    How to Name or Rename Tab Group in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

The new Chromium based Microsoft Edge is supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.

You can enable the Tab Groups experimental flag in Microsoft Edge to allow users to organize tabs into visually distinct groups, e.g. to separate tabs associated with different tasks.

Tab Groups includes the following features:
    This tutorial will show you how to name or rename tab groups in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Read more: Browsers and Mail - How to Name or Rename Tab Group in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Brink, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Don325 Win User

Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge...

microsoft edge icon

I also lost me MS EDGE Icon recently.

The above suggestion doe not work as it does not exist in the app list

However, if I post a simple question in Cortina MS EDGE will open up.

Also If I then look at the active processes in Task Manager I can see MS EDGE (though not the usual ICON)

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Don325, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11's Task Manager now displays the site name, icon, tab title for Microsoft Edge... - Similar Threads - 11's Task Manager

2. Windows 11 Task Manager Performance tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Manager Performance tab: Windows 11 22631.3155 OEM editionMaybe someone knows the answer to this question:Earlier I opened My PC.I right clicked on my Drive "I"clicked on "Show more Options"and then selected on "Scan with Microsoft Defender".The scan is currently running and I right click on...
  3. Windows 11 Task Manager Performance tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Task Manager Performance tab: Windows 11 22631.3155 OEM editionMaybe someone knows the answer to this question:Earlier I opened My PC.I right clicked on my Drive "I"clicked on "Show more Options"and then selected on "Scan with Microsoft Defender".The scan is currently running and I right click on...
  4. Task Manager only displaying icons under name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager only displaying icons under name: I just noticed this but task manager is no longer displaying names. Just the icon of the application. Any idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-only-displaying-icons-under-name/a4ad59e3-3960-4d80-a500-7c5cad3c0e8d
  5. Task Manager only displaying icons under name

Task Manager only displaying icons under name: I just noticed this but task manager is no longer displaying names. Just the icon of the application. Any idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-only-displaying-icons-under-name/a4ad59e3-3960-4d80-a500-7c5cad3c0e8d
  6. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  7. Windows 10’s rounded icons are now expanding to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s rounded icons are now expanding to Microsoft Edge: Microsoft is slowly enforcing a new icon design for its apps across all platforms. Instead of icons with a square layout and sharp edges, Windows 10 is moving to a rounded square shape and Microsoft says this new rounded corners will be visually more appealing and easier to...
  8. Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page: Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this: [ATTACH] However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows: [ATTACH] Also, notice that YouTube doesn't...
  9. Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error: [ATTACH] As you can see my tabs are appearing incorrectly. They are showing up with white backgrounds when they should resemble the .ico color. This has been bothering me for a while and I have tried clearing all my settings. Although it worked in the past, this time it is...
  10. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab: Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with Windows 10. I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown point, when I run task manager, it's begin displayed in a weird way, only displaying the "Details" tab. I don't know what's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager name full title windows 10