Windows 10: Windows 1703 pro and Windows Update for Business

Discus and support Windows 1703 pro and Windows Update for Business in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As far as I can figure CBB doesn't exist - they have renamed it yet again. Quite right, I was updating my post while you posted that *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by roy111, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Bree New Member

Windows 1703 pro and Windows Update for Business

Quite right, I was updating my post while you posted that *Smile

2. roy111 Win User
    roy111, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Bree New Member
    Previously MS have announced when a version is made CBB, but that too seems to have change with the 'renaming'. I would assume that versions will automatically move from "Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted)" to "Semi-Annual Channel" as each next version is about to be released. With 1709 just around the corner that would certain seem to be the case for 1703, judging by the number of recent threads on these boards complaining about a forced upgrade from 1607 to 1703 despite having 'defer feature updates' turned on.

4. roy111 Win User

Yest things are starting to make sense, this can indeed have been the cause of the update to 1703 i experienced,
    maybe because i did not set any GPolicy key to increase the defer period

DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodinDays=180

if what the document i linked is correct (i read 2017-7-27)

i assume my system will not be upgraded to 1703 for 180 days
    let say 1703 hit the Long-Term Servicing Channel (CBB) 1st of july
    system should stay put to 1607 180 days from 1st july so roughly till dec 2017.

roy111, Aug 9, 2017
  5. I do believe, to take advantage of "Windows Update for business". You have to have access to an update server setup for it. Like WSUS. It would be a company setup update server where the IT guy dictates what updates get pushed out to company PC's.

http://windowsitpro.com/windows-10/w...nd-what-it-not
    The Windows Update for Business features will be available for use for Windows 10 editions Pro and Enterprise that are domain connected and managed through an existing patching solution that are WSUS-based – meaning WSUS, Enterprise Mobility Suite, System Center Configuration Manager, and others. Windows Update for Business will be for those business customers that need more control over how Windows 10 is updated.

alphanumeric, Aug 10, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    Well.. skepticism forgiven... but uhmm, told you so (and I didn't even Google...LOL)

Superfly, Aug 10, 2017
  7. roy111 Win User
    yes, but your expression in your avatar isn't too reassuring *Smile

roy111, Aug 10, 2017
  8. Superfly Win User

Don't worry about the avatar expression... had a bad day.. Batman just irritates me sometimes *Tongue

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 1703 pro and Windows Update for Business - Similar Threads - 1703 pro Update

2. Windows 10 PRO update to 20H2 from 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PRO update to 20H2 from 1703: Hi, I have windows 10 version 1703. I'm trying to upgrade to 20H2 using the update manager. After several minutes installation blocks and the following message is shown Italian. [ATTACH]I cannot find the error code explanation on internet. How could I solve this?...
  3. Failed update windows 1703

Failed update windows 1703: Hi there, I having an issue , i could not update my Windows 10. Currently running 1703, I tried this link from microsoft thread but no good , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Does microsoft have one single package to update old windows 10...
  4. Window 10 pro version 1703 offline update

Window 10 pro version 1703 offline update: Hi Microsoft How to manually update PCs with Window 10 pro, version 1703 and 1709 to version 1803 (64-bit operation system) without internet. Please provide the procedure and download links. Thanks and regards Myden Tse...
  5. Unable to upgrade from 1703 to 1709 Windows 10 Pro/Business

Unable to upgrade from 1703 to 1709 Windows 10 Pro/Business: Hi, I've two Dell Optiplex 3050 desktop machines that absolutely refuse to upgrade and it has reached the point where I'm out of things to try (and have wasted many weeks troubleshooting already!) Obviously this is a big issue with the HUGE download happening over, and...
  6. Windows 10 update 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update 1703: I found this update this morning. It has been "installing" now for 3 hours and sees to be in a loop where it shows Dowloading Updates, Preparing to install updates, then goes back to Downloading Updates. Is this a loop or wilI it complete? 91723
  7. Windows will not update beyond 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows will not update beyond 1703: I was having trouble with a wesbite and after their review of my system. They stated that my computer is 8 years old and may need a Bios update (Ugh), device update(s) or a new computer. It has been working great for my needs (I am not a gamer-woe is me). Any ideas? I am...
  8. Windows 1703 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1703 update: Ever since the 1703 update last week a bunch of unwanted changes have appeared on my computer. One change all my desktop Ions were scrambled. Ok, so I'll put tem back where they were. Not so easy. It seems even though I have the "align to grid" turned off it sill wont let me...
  9. Fails to update to windows 1703

Fails to update to windows 1703: Hello Bree suggested I should start a new thread............. My W10 updates all "offers" except for feature update to windows 10 version 1703? It has had several tries at updating it but fails each time, while other updates come in and are completed. As of 1/6/17 I'm on...
  10. Windows 1703 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1703 Update Problems: I'll never learn! I either let Microsoft update my computers or I forced an update to 1703 on the others. So...now I have seven computers running W10 1703 and thought everything looked ok...but it ain't. I stumbled into the networking problem when a did a fresh install on one...