Windows 10: windows 18:10 failed to activate.

Discus and support windows 18:10 failed to activate. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did a 18.10 clean install from a downloaded ISO, I did however re-partition the disks so that I could dual boot linux. Now it will not activate gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DennisLovatt, Jan 14, 2019.

1. windows 18:10 failed to activate.

I did a 18.10 clean install from a downloaded ISO, I did however re-partition the disks so that I could dual boot linux. Now it will not activate gets a xC004F050 error. W10 pro.

I have to admit that I am starting to get frustrated with this upgrade crap. I have 5 W10 machine licenses 3 home and 2 pro. I have already got rid of windows 10 home off two machines through. If I cannot get this resolved quickly it looks very likely that I will be down to running it on 2 machines

:)

DennisLovatt, Jan 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 14, 2019
  3. FAILED 18 Times - Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per description, you are unable to upgrade to Window 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps from the article created by Andre Da Costa and follow the steps from the link given below and check.

Refer:

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 18:10 failed to activate.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

windows 18:10 failed to activate.

1. windows 18:10 failed to activate. - Similar Threads - failed activate

2. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  3. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  4. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  6. Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...

Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  7. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".: getting this error in event viewer, tried sfc scan, windows defender scan, reinstalling softwares and drivers, it says " Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll". Dependent Assembly...
  8. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".: getting this error in event viewer, tried sfc scan, windows defender scan, reinstalling softwares and drivers, it says " Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll". Dependent Assembly...
  9. Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\UIRibbon.dll".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Hi my nvme died and after replacing it and re-installing windows 11 it fails to activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my nvme died and after replacing it and re-installing windows 11 it fails to activate.: Hi,So yeah my nvme dies and i replaced it and i also added others ssd to increase my capacity since i was opening the case anyway. I also updated the BIOS of the mb. Everything else is the same. Same mobo, same cpu, same gpu, same psu, ... After re-installing windows 11 to...