Windows 10: Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542

Discus and support Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had to remove the battery system driver every day for the past week...and restoring my laptop to a date in March in order to charge my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by accsmoo, Apr 12, 2019.

1. accsmoo Win User

Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542

I have had to remove the battery system driver every day for the past week...and restoring my laptop to a date in March in order to charge my battery...how can I stop this ridiculous update from installing again!!! Please fix it on your end...I've seen so many posts about it, and they all say to do the same thing...quit the bandaid approach and get a REAL SOLUTION!!!! Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542 348bca6c-be5a-47d2-b2af-6e524c042467?upload=true.jpg

:)

accsmoo, Apr 12, 2019
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Can I Create Hackintosh Using DELL Inspiron 3542

I'd suggest reading through this thread on the Tonymacx86 forums.

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Dell inspiron 3542

Inspiron 3542 is Windows 10 compatible. It should not cause any problem after the upgradation.

I would suggest you to get the drivers before the upgradation. Get the LAN, WiFi, video and touchpad drivers, save them externally and go for the upgrade.
    After the upgradation is complete, apply the drivers.

Product Support | Dell US

4. Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542

Dell Inspiron 3542 Battery Problem

Hello, I've Dell Inspiron 3542.

I bought it new and it is very important to me that's why after using it I pack it again into it's box in which it came to me.

When I charge my laptop after that I turn it off and pack it into box and put it aside.

Afterwards when I turn it on it shows a message "Battery is critically Low"

Press F1 to continue. F2 to login to setup"

This appears even I charge my laptop as full but this error appears many times and I have to charge it again.

It was working well and good but after sometime this problem started to occur.

Please tell me what is the cure to this problem.This is in guarantee upto January 14, 2016.

Thanks.

HamzaNoman, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542

1. Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542 - Similar Threads - 1803 April Update

2. Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version: Aside from new install, is there anything you guys can recommend me?Windows update doesn't updatetried downloding "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" and "MediaCreationTool21H2.exe". Neither of them work. Both go until the blue screen update and just goes "fail at update".Tried to...
  3. Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version: Aside from new install, is there anything you guys can recommend me?Windows update doesn't updatetried downloding "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" and "MediaCreationTool21H2.exe". Neither of them work. Both go until the blue screen update and just goes "fail at update".Tried to...
  4. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series not recognizing/charging my battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series not recognizing/charging my battery: when I turn on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series, I get the message that it does not recognize my battery and therefore it will not charge the battery. So I am stuck with having to leave it plugged in always. any solutions? i am not that computer literate so detailed...
  5. Dell Inspiron not recognising a Dell battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron not recognising a Dell battery: Why has my Dell Inspiron suddenly decided to regard my adapter as 'unknown', when it has been working well for years? The laptop works fine on mains electricity, apart from not charging either of my two interchangeable batteries....
  6. camera drivers missing in dell inspiron 3542

camera drivers missing in dell inspiron 3542: first i installed windows 8.1 due to an issue of lock password we had reset and installed windows 7 again it gone through problem and i deleted backup again few days before i installed windows 10 in which integrated camera divers are missing...
  7. Dell Inspiron battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron battery: battery won't charge, always shows 'plugged in, not charging' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-battery/59cc6a57-375f-4980-8a7b-871387218c46"
  8. Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge,

Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge,: As stated new battery fitted, message appears "plugged in not charging" Ihave searched the web for answers, but nothing seems to work, any ideas?...
  9. Dell Inspiron 3542

Dell Inspiron 3542: Windows updates couldn't find them. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) Screenshot of outdated drivers: [img] 36529
  10. Dell inspiron 3542

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell inspiron 3542: Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 3542 running Windows 8.1, and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10. Are there any model-specific problems I can expect, as in anything specific with this laptop type? If so, how can I avoid them before upgrading? Thanks 53696

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inspiron 7537 windows 10 battery wont charge

2. acer windows 1803 version battery not charging

3. dell i5 3337u (inspiron 3421 drivers) battery charging problems and solutions