Windows 10: windows 1803 has no 5.1 spdif audio available

Discus and support windows 1803 has no 5.1 spdif audio available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the same board 5.1 spdif audio works fine on windows 7. So I am upgrading to ver 1903, will this give me 5.1 spdif audio sound I only have stereo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Nov 8, 2019.

1. windows 1803 has no 5.1 spdif audio available

the same board 5.1 spdif audio works fine on windows 7.

So I am upgrading to ver 1903, will this give me 5.1 spdif audio sound
    I only have stereo coming through on spdif.
    I was reading up and people were complaining they had lots of sound issues with spdif in the earlier versions of 10.

on ver 1803, going to spdif properties all it lists is a selection of 2 channel audio outputs. That is where the 5.1 output should show and it is not showing.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean it will never work in windows 10 as Microsoft made it?
    claims its using hdaudio.sys

If it does not work in win10, how can I get working 5.1 thru spdif. Can it come through the nvidia card itself?

- - - Updated - - -

Aspen 7548 motherboard uses Realtek alc888s will this driver work?

https://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17883/

:)

sdowney717, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

5.1 channel over SPDIF / optical not working since update(?)

Hi,

I understand that 5.1 channel over SPDIF/Optical not working after update.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Update your audio driver

1. Select the Start button and type
        device manager in the search box, then select it from the list of results.
      2. Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.
      3. Right-click (or press and hold) your sound card, then select
        Properties.
      4. Select the Driver
        tab, and then select Update Driver.
      5. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Method 2: Fix sound problems.

Suggest you to refer the article Fix sound problems
    in Windows 10

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Problem with SPDIF/IO on Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio

Look the is only SPDIF Out in the list but no SPDIF In (SPDIF Uit = SPDIF Out in Dutch)

windows 1803 has no 5.1 spdif audio available c5b00be1-fd93-478b-9158-4b30258fef42.png

DinoDiesel, Nov 8, 2019
  4. windows 1803 has no 5.1 spdif audio available

Problem with SPDIF/IO on Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio

Deepak, thanks for the detailed response! Actually the troubleshooter solved the issue because it

has a switch that directs all sound activity to the SPDIF digital output. This switch is missing in the system settings.

In the updated drivers for my specific sound card, The SPDIF settings are strangely disabled. Once I checked the 'digital only' check box in the troubleshooter. All the missing sound returned.

It is recommended to consider to add such option in the Windows 10 settings as many users will connect their Windows devices as home cinema media centers.

Spaceweaver_999, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

windows 1803 has no 5.1 spdif audio available

1. windows 1803 has no 5.1 spdif audio available - Similar Threads - 1803 has spdif

2. How to swap left and right SPDIF/DIGITAL audio output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to swap left and right SPDIF/DIGITAL audio output?: I have a 2.1 speaker setup, but I have to place the Right speaker on the Left on the right side due do a cable length problem. I am not able to reverse the left and right output audio when in digital. Any suggestions?Is there a registry setting that I can change to force...
  3. How to swap left and right SPDIF/DIGITAL audio output?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to swap left and right SPDIF/DIGITAL audio output?: I have a 2.1 speaker setup, but I have to place the Right speaker on the Left on the right side due do a cable length problem. I am not able to reverse the left and right output audio when in digital. Any suggestions?Is there a registry setting that I can change to force...
  4. Audio not available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not available: Hi,Sorry for my english.I have a red cross on the audio icon.=> In tabs for playing or recording, there is no devices I check hidden and unconnected devices.=> On device manager, all my audio devices are well detected the sound card of the motherboard, an USB heaset, the...
  5. Why are there two listings for SPDIF? 1 monitor, 1 video card - gtx 950 - over hdmi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are there two listings for SPDIF? 1 monitor, 1 video card - gtx 950 - over hdmi: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/0x4A5753 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifixen/why_are_there_two_listings_for_spdif_1_monitor_1/
  6. S-1-5-18

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S-1-5-18: This keeps populating after fresh start. Multiple administrators and appears to be multiple OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/s-1-5-18/55087d33-da58-4357-a471-15b6c3754c25
  7. Laptop audio has stopped after 5 years

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop audio has stopped after 5 years: Dell XPS 13 running the latest update of 64-bit Win 10. I've had this computer for 5 years. Now I can't get any audio out of it. The volume control appears normal, but it doesn't make the usual beeps when I adjust it, and no sound comes out of the laptop's built-in speakers,...
  8. No notification 1803 is available

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No notification 1803 is available: Hello, Why I dont get a notification that 1803 is available and ready to install for my system? But when I click on "search for updates" 1803 is shown an the update process is starting. Automatic Windows Updates is activated. Nothing is blocked. All other Windows Updates...
  9. No notification that 1803 is available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No notification that 1803 is available: Hello, Why I dont get a notification that 1803 is available and ready to install for my system? But when I click on "search for updates" 1803 is shown an the update process is starting. Automatic Windows Updates is activated. Nothing is blocked. All other Windows Updates...
  10. 1803 ISO Availability

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 ISO Availability: Major bug found in 1803, release to general public delayed indefinitely.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spdif in win10