Windows 10: Windows 1803 wifi problem

Discus and support Windows 1803 wifi problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed the new 1803 windows version. However, after a while, my internet card (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265) started to disappear. The taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielRutherford1, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Windows 1803 wifi problem

I installed the new 1803 windows version. However, after a while, my internet card (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265) started to disappear. The taskbar icon became a red x, there was no longer a wifi tab in the network and internet settings and it had completely disappeared from the device manager and adaptor options. I have tried reinstalling the latest drivers (intel pro set wifi 20.60.0.0, 20.70.0.0 and 20.80.0.0) and moving the network card to a different PCI slot and resetting windows. Only fully reinstalling windows fixes the problem but the problem occurs again after a week or so of use. I have tried using a couple different usb wifi adaptors and one of them had the same problem as the original network card and one that allowed me to use the internet. I have searched online for a solution with a couple of people having similar issues but with no solution. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks,

Daniel

:)

DanielRutherford1, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Sep 23, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Windows 1803 wifi problem

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 1803 wifi problem

1. Windows 1803 wifi problem - Similar Threads - 1803 wifi problem

2. Problems with windows update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with windows update 1803: Hi everyone, I'm currently having problems with one of my budgeting software. Two weeks ago it was working fine however just two days ago it started giving me problems. All problems give me the same error message "Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"....
  3. Windows 10 1803 updating problem

Windows 10 1803 updating problem: Hi to all, when i want to try update my windows 10 build 14393 to 1803 i encounter with a problem. update downloaded successfuly but after that windows stuck on the preparing to installation at 0% and do not do any thing!! can any one give an advice to me to solve the...
  4. 1803 Update Problems

1803 Update Problems: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please as 1803 update will not install on my laptop. There have been no end of attempts to do this each taking an age and the end result is always the same "Restoring previous version of Windows". I have tried to turn off Widows Updates using...
  5. Windows 1803 update problems

Windows 1803 update problems: Hello, I've had problems with the April update 1803 on my desktop computer since it first started rolling out. At first it would go through the installation process, stopping at a black screen mid-installation, at which point I would restart the computer then it would...
  6. Windows 10 1803 update wifi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1803 update wifi issues: ever since the windows update on june 8th, I cannot stay connected to my wifi or see my network in the available networks. I've tried everything as well, uninstall the wifi adapter, update/uninstall the driver, changed the power settings on the wifi adapter. I even swiped my...
  7. Windows 10 1803 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 1803 problems: Whats up Microsoft,My Problem is Windows 10 April update 1803 is,a minmized cs 1.6 but fps is slow 30fps and stack 2 secund. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/windows-10-1803-problems/961008df-5faa-4b9e-9c73-5cb78516fe5b
  8. Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade: Hello! After upgrating to Win 10 1803, my laptop can't connect automatic to my routers wifi. After rebooting or wake up from hibernate, I have no Internet access. "Connections available" it says when I hover the mouse at the net-icon in the taskbar. When clicking it, I can...
  9. Many 1803 Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Many 1803 Problems: I'm unsurprised to see a plethora of problems on the forum after the latest 1803 feature upgrade. I have no intention of upgrading for at least 3 months to give MS time to iron out the bugs. 109158
  10. Many 1803 Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Many 1803 Problems: I'm holding off on this build. I just find it amazing that Microsoft does not listen to or care about it's customers. Polish what you have before adding/removing features. Linux doesn't aggravate me! Enough said! *Banghead