Windows 10: Windows 1809, 5.1 Sound not working after upgrade

Discus and support Windows 1809, 5.1 Sound not working after upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I updated my windows10(1803) to 1809 and my subwoofer isn't working anymore. Settings are same in realtek panel and subwoofer looks connected. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UgurkansTR, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Windows 1809, 5.1 Sound not working after upgrade

Hi, I updated my windows10(1803) to 1809 and my subwoofer isn't working anymore. Settings are same in realtek panel and subwoofer looks connected. I have tried to update my realtek driver but it's lastest version. I have removed all audio drivers and reinstalled again. It has just working as stereo and 5.1 surround hasn't working. How can i fix this problem? Thanks.

Motherboard: MSI Z170a Gaming Pro Carbon

Realtek ALC1150 Codec

Audio driver version: 6.0.1.8619

Windows 1809, 5.1 Sound not working after upgrade 1a7d8ed3-4c00-49af-b8bc-dbb9e6e5599a?upload=true.png

:)

UgurkansTR, Feb 16, 2019
  2. I2Believe Win User

Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Windows 1809, 5.1 Sound not working after upgrade

Sound is not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

For now, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1809, 5.1 Sound not working after upgrade

1. Windows 1809, 5.1 Sound not working after upgrade - Similar Threads - 1809 Sound working

2. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  3. Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine: Hi I have creative audigy 2 I have rollback each time after updating. After updating sound does not work. Have tried updating drivivers etc still nothing...
  4. No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809

No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809: Hi after updating to both windows 10 1903 and then 1909 my Creative Audigy 2 zs platinum Pro sound card will not omit any sound. Even the on board Realtek sound will not work too. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, using the latest drivers, enabling/...
  5. No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809

No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809: No sound after installing 1809. Ran trouble shooter for the volume and it didn't do any good, I'm not surprised. I restarted… no good. Any more ideas??? James...
  6. Windows 1809 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 upgrade: My windows 10 laptop computer has not upgraded to the 1809 update of October 2018. I run the update query and am advised that my OS is up-to-date. Any solutions appreciated. cheers, Greg...
  7. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...
  8. After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works: On Friday, I upgraded a VirtualBox VM 1803 Professional x64 to 1809. When the upgrade was complete, I ran Windows Update, but it errored out after a long delay with ERROR_TIMEOUT (0x800705b4). I have tried a clean boot and resetting the Windows Update components. That did...
  9. Cyberoam Issues after upgrade to 1809

Cyberoam Issues after upgrade to 1809: After upgrading to Version 1809 (Build 17763.168), I am unable to use my corporate Ethernet connection. I do get connected - briefly, when I log in to the Cyberoam Client, but seconds later, I get the Blue Screen... Windows starts up fine after that, but when I try to...
  10. No sound after windows update 1809

No sound after windows update 1809: Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the issue until i turn off/restart the computer then no sound again? Can't seem to find the option to roll back on the update....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 and realtek 5 1 audio not working