Windows 10: windows 1809 apps

Discus and support windows 1809 apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows 1809 wants app to open windows defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vistababi, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Vistababi Win User

windows 1809 apps

windows 1809 wants app to open windows defender

:)

Vistababi, Oct 11, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 11, 2018
  4. windows 1809 apps

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

windows 1809 apps

1. windows 1809 apps - Similar Threads - 1809 apps

2. Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing: Problem with Microsoft Photos App since upgrade to Win10-1809 Selecting add a folder does nothing on my desktop PC (It works on my laptop and I understand how it is supposed to function) I have removed photos app and reloaded from Windows store - no difference [ATTACH]...
  3. Issue logging into Microsoft store and Xbox app on windows 10 build 1809

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue logging into Microsoft store and Xbox app on windows 10 build 1809: I just did a fresh install of windows 10 - 64 bit onto a custom built computer with a samsung SSD. When i try to log onto the Microsoft store or the Xbox app I get two separate errors. With the Microsoft store, it throws the "We've encountered an error. Please try signing in...
  4. Windows store and apps downloaded from it not opening after installing 1809 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store and apps downloaded from it not opening after installing 1809 update: windows store shuts itself after 2 secs of opening after update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-and-apps-downloaded-from-it-not/8e1ff4ff-bae6-4aee-8d76-203ef9b885d9"
  5. new install Windows 10 1809 - You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new install Windows 10 1809 - You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: New computer - all clean, installed windows 10 pro v1809 - All works, but Anything I click on that pertains to windows security (in settings) - simply brings up a dialog box "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" and does nothing else. Not even sure windows...
  6. Win10 1809 App Changes - Sticky Notes - Access previous info

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1809 App Changes - Sticky Notes - Access previous info: Hi, My wife is a user of the Sticky Notes app, that was workable on v1803 of Windows 10. Before updating to 1809, I dutifly backed up all data and believe I have the .snt file that has her Sticky Notes info in it. The Windows Store version of Sticky Notes no longer stores...
  7. Win 10 1809 Using elevated admin creditials for purchased apps and program access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 1809 Using elevated admin creditials for purchased apps and program access: Request for clarification: Local User access to personal Microsoft profile guidelines I am currently repairing my Win 10 Home build 1809. Getting pretty close to having my Microsoft profile account which is my admin. As I was sifting through all the diagnostics, error...
  8. Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809: All my apps worked perfectly under the 1803 build. After being updated to 1809 they freeze in full screen mode. Under 1803 you could get around this by checking the 'Disable Full Screen Optimizations' on the compatibility tab on the exe properties but looks like the 1809...
  9. Fresh install of Windows 10 1809 - You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fresh install of Windows 10 1809 - You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: OK, this is quite hilarious. I've just downloaded the W10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool from MS, and proceeded to use it to create a simple VM in Hyper-V. In other words - a brand new, VM install of W10 1809 using the latest ISO available from MS for the general public....
  10. Settings App Not Opening, reverting to 1803 fails (1809, tried all options)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Settings App Not Opening, reverting to 1803 fails (1809, tried all options): I've tried sfc. I've tried DISM. I've tried CHKDSK. I've tried creating a new user account and giving it admin privelages. I've tried all the different Get-AppxPackage commands I can find relating to it. After Installing Windows 10 1809 update, keep this in mind I...