Windows 10: Windows 1809 build updater not allow to choose second internal drive

Discus and support Windows 1809 build updater not allow to choose second internal drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a notebook with Windows 10 pro 64bit (build 1803) installed. This notebook have two INTERNAL hard drives, the C: drive of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amnicrosoftX., May 9, 2019.

1. Windows 1809 build updater not allow to choose second internal drive

Hello everyone,

I have a notebook with Windows 10 pro 64bit (build 1803) installed.

This notebook have two INTERNAL hard drives, the C: drive of 32GB capacity and the D: drive with 500GB capacity.

When I run the 1809 build updater tool, it tells me that I not have enough space to do the update, giving me the option of free up space or insert an external 11GB usb drive.

The problem is the tool not detect the second internal 500GB drive.

How I can make detectable the 500GB drive to the build updater tool?

:)

amnicrosoftX., May 9, 2019

2. Windows no longer recognizes second internal hard drive

Why is it both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 no longer recognize a second internal hard drive?

Previously in both my Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 PC’s, I had an internal second drive connected in each PC and both worked quite well. In the case of the Windows 8.1 PC, I used to use the second internal drive to do system image backups and the second
    internal hard drive in the Windows 10 PC as a File History drive.

But now, in both PC’s, the internal second drives are no longer being recognized. Both File History and System Image backup now only work when drives are connected externally.

If the second hard drives are connected internally, this error message comes up : "Operating system not found" on the Windows 8.1 PC and "no usable hard drives found" for File History on the Windows 10 PC.

Surely that should not be the case? What could be the cause?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

graham2014, May 9, 2019
  3. Second internal drive not seen after this mornings update (1/26/2017)

Try to uninstall update as suggested by Andre as a second step.

E for Excel, May 9, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 1809 build updater not allow to choose second internal drive

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1809 build updater not allow to choose second internal drive

1. Windows 1809 build updater not allow to choose second internal drive - Similar Threads - 1809 build updater

2. US-International Keyboard not allowing ^ and ~

in Windows 10 Customization
    US-International Keyboard not allowing ^ and ~: I recently got a new computer and installed the US-International keyboard. All the accent keys work except for the tilde and carat. I'm not sure what the problem is because they work fine on my other computer. Both have Windows 10. I know I can type ñ and Ñ by using...
  3. Second internal hard drive not appearing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second internal hard drive not appearing in Windows 10: I have a 500gb drive as my primary. I have installed a 1TB drive, from which I need to access data. It was formerly accessible on other another PC with Windows 10 installed. BIOS recognises that the drive is present. Upon entering Windows 10, however, I can find no...
  4. Unable to acces second internal hard drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to acces second internal hard drive on Windows 10: My computer has a 1 TB second internal storage drive, and the 238 GB the main drive has been filled up with apps and games. I tried to go to storage settings and move my apps and games to the second drive, as well as redirect all future app downloads to the second drive, but...
  5. Can I choose to update to 1809 instead of 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I choose to update to 1809 instead of 1903: For update from windows 7 Can A person choose their version of Windows Ten ? Can I opt for 1809 and permanently avoid 1903 for a few years ? 136784
  6. Build 1809 update annoyances

Build 1809 update annoyances: Just an observation when the update from 1803 to 1809 finally completed on my various devices: 1) Graphic driver on my HP Spectre X360 laptop got replaced - why? I reinstalled the driver from HP which works fine for 1809 just like it worked for 1803 - why would the update...
  7. Windows Build 1809 is Freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Build 1809 is Freezing: Microsoft Support took control of my computer. They stopped some .msc services then "FORCED" a download of the update. Does this mean my computer is broken? Or does this just happen? Sometimes the windows updates need manually forced? Should I be concerned there is a...
  8. October windows build 1809 update

October windows build 1809 update: Since the update my apps from Microsoft store are not working right they hang or freeze or will not open or will not close unless task manager is used to close them. Also I get notification prompt in the task bar but when I open notification center there are none listed. I...
  9. File history - second internal hard drive

File history - second internal hard drive: I have a C drive and a D drive, both internal hard drives. File History is backing up the contents of the D drive, but when I go to the "Restore Files From a Current Backup" function, only the C drive files are shown. I can see from looking at the contents of the external...
  10. Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds: Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds Internally, Microsoft is working on a number of features and changes coming to Redstone that are not currently present in the latest public preview builds. One feature Microsoft is working on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updater 1809 cant use external disk