Windows 10: Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

Discus and support Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BadToad2016, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled it would freeze on boot and desktop and become unusable.

:)

BadToad2016, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Mar 9, 2019
  3. winzhi Win User
    Windows 10. Small freeze, then black screen and hard lockup

Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues [​IMG]

As both harddrives are SSD I didnt run SeaTools.

I tried using another SATA cable and swapped the SATA port, but I still get the CRC attention "error" on my 850. Dont know if its a serious thing. Is it?

HDSentinel test:

winzhi, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

Win10 lockup/Freezing

does anyone know what is causing the lockup or freezing while win10 is running i'm getting it alot just wanted to know if anyone has figured out how to fix it

DavidSutton_687, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

1. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues - Similar Threads - 1809 Freeze Lockup

2. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10: Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've been experiencing frequent and intermittent freezing/lockups running Windows 10. Checking the event viewer has only left me...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Freeze/Lockups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Freeze/Lockups: Hello, I'm here to ask if anyone is experiencing lockups/freezes with the latest Windows 10 updates/build? My issue is, when our users workstations boot up and they log in, after 30-90 seconds Windows Defender warning comes up and says the threat service has stopped and there...
  4. Windows lockups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows lockups: Hello, i decided to upgrade the case and nemory on my system and ran into issues. Before the change everything was fine. I swapped the case, added 16m more identical ran for 32g total. First boot i got an error, did sys repair and didn't work. Followed with safe mide and was...
  5. Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??: Hi folks In February this year, I bought a new 250GB SSD and a copy of Win 10 Pro. This was installed on the new drive. Version 2004 Build 19037.630 Since then I've had random freezes and lockups - usually (almost exclusively I must say) whilst surfing the web using Google...
  6. Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 and 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 and 1903: System affected : Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 or 1903. This started with the 1809 release and got worse in the 1903 release. Before these releases, all worked fine without the freezing and lockups. It starts right from the booting of...
  7. Windows 10 1809 - Apps Freeze/Lockup, Suddenly Unfreeze with no apparent root cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 - Apps Freeze/Lockup, Suddenly Unfreeze with no apparent root cause: I've had a PC plagued with this issue recently and am at my wits end. I'll be working away on my PC without issue, then suddenly my applications will stop responding. They enter the "Not Responding" state. However I'm still able to navigate and move in Windows. I went to...
  8. Windows 1809 Freezes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 Freezes.: Issue has occurred on every install I attempt.Install over 1803,Clean boot with Av uninstalled and even a clean install.Numerous posters seem to be having the same issue.Any info on this?...
  9. Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD: Seeing as I don't ever get a a BSOD I took it that I couldn't post in the BSOD thread. Important thing to note is when it occurs. 1. Fail to start right from turning on (no BIOs splash screen). Although this is rare and has only happened a few times. 2. Lockup on...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latest win 10 1903 screen lockup issues

2. windows 10 hangs after hibernate

3. pc freezing when waking from sleep

4. windows 10 1809 freezing,
  5. windows 10 1809 freezes after installation,
  6. windows 1809 freeze,
  7. windows 1809 freezes,
  8. freezes after sleep,
  9. desktop freezes in hibernation windows 10,
  10. 1809 windows 10 freezes is unusable