Windows 10: Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

Discus and support Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnnyGui, Dec 1, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account Settings.

I did a clean install of 1809 while I'm disconnected from the internet to prevent unwanted old drivers to be installed. After installation, I connected to the internet and have succesfully logged in with my Microsoft account and confirmed it in the Account Settings.
    On previous Windows 10 versions, this would immediately show me the Microsoft Account's profile picture in all the above mentioned places, but on 1809 it just won't show up.

I have tried the following:
    1. Did several reboots as well as cold boots
    2. Went back to a local account and logged in again with my Microsoft Account.
    3. Removed and changed my online Microsoft account's profile picture.
    4. Did an sfc/ scannow without finding any integrity violations.
    5. Ran the Account Troubleshooter

The option to Sync my Settings is enabled. I have Windows Pro x64.
    It seems that Windows is not connecting properly to my online Microsoft account but not sure why. All the other Microsoft apps such as Mail, Calendar, Weather, News, etc. are showing my profile picture normally.

What can I do to solve this?

:)

JohnnyGui, Dec 1, 2018

2. Logon Screen Account Picture - Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Hi Orion,

Just to clarify, Are you able to view picture in Settings >Accounts?

If you are unable to view account picture

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Accounts and Under Your picture.
    • Click on Browse and set profile picture.
    And check if the issue persist.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Profile picture

Hi Stanislav,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. When you go to settings > Accounts, does all the three pictures appear as the screenshot above?

2. Are those pictures previously used account pictures?

I suggest you to try deleting the old account pictures by following the steps below and check again.

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Copy and paste the following command and press enter:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

3. If the old account pictures are listed, delete it and restart the computer

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Pauloxo Win User

Deleting old MS account profile photos

I found the solution by going to file explorer/search/this PC/account pictures

thankyou

Pauloxo, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere - Similar Threads - 1809 showing Account's

2. Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows: Clean installed Windows 10 and set it up with my Microsoft account and everything was good except my profile picture of my Microsoft account wasn't showing at all inside Windows. Windows apps e.g. Feedback Hub, One Drive, Microsoft Store show my profile picture, but...
  3. Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows: Clean installed Windows 10 and set it up with my Microsoft account and everything was good except my profile picture of my Microsoft account wasn't showing at all inside Windows. Windows apps e.g. Feedback Hub, One Drive, Microsoft Store show my profile picture, but...
  4. Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. profile picture not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    profile picture not showing in windows 10: i recently formatted my pc ending up not showing up my profile picture ,i also synced my settings and added a new profile pic in the Microsoft account in the website although it worked in the website but not on my computer windows. rebooted several times and still...
  6. profile picture not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    profile picture not showing in windows 10: i recently formatted my pc ending up not showing up my profile picture ,i also synced my settings and added a new profile pic in the Microsoft account in the website although it worked in the website but not on my computer windows. rebooted several times and still...
  7. Windows Apps not showing Profile Picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Apps not showing Profile Picture: Something very minor but I noticed a select number of UWP apps are not showing my profile picture (Microsoft Store, Weather and Maps apps). Logging out/in of my account in those apps or restarting Windows does not fix the issue. Anyone else having this at the moment with...
  8. Windows 10 no longer shows my microsoft account profile picture anywhere, started happening...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 no longer shows my microsoft account profile picture anywhere, started happening...: Title says it all... I checked the microsoft website and I do still have the profile picture, it just wont show up in the start menu, settings, or log in screen. I'm not sure how to fix this, it's just kinda annoying. submitted by /u/A_Random_Lantern [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere: After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account Settings. I did a clean install of 1809 while I'm disconnected from the internet to prevent unwanted old drivers to be...
  10. Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1809 not showing Account's profile picture anywhere: After the 1809 update, Windows is not showing my Microsoft account's profile picture on the Windows Login screen, in the Start Menu or the Account Settings. I did a clean install of 1809 while I was disconnected from the internet to prevent unwanted old drivers to be...