Windows 10: Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option

Discus and support Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; You know what, you Microsoft guys - I don't care who exactly, developers or managers - you are as little as micro and as weak as soft. Why Windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KRrfrrr, Feb 16, 2019.

1. KRrfrrr Win User

Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option

You know what, you Microsoft guys - I don't care who exactly, developers or managers - you are as little as micro and as weak as soft.

Why Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option to "when PC wakes up from sleep"?

Can you make anything in your own product reliable? Or I have to script any and all of those glitches forcibly with powershell or whatever? By the way: does your power-shmower-shell support scripting this option? Or like usual doesn't?

And don't post your stupid support answers like "check your file system, check os integrity, go to settings and recheck sign-in option". Don't.

Just answer the questions.

:)

KRrfrrr, Feb 16, 2019

2. Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 16, 2019
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option

"Require sign-in" options, under "Settings/Account/Sign-in options" are dimmed and unchangeable

The options at "Require sign-in", the first setting at settings/accounts/sign-in options in Windows 10 Home ver. 1809; Build 1763253, are dimmed out. The dimmed out option on the drop down menu shows "Never", but is unchangeable.

There is an accompanying message in yellow text saying, "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep. To change this, go to Settings [which is already where i'm at, btw.] and search for Power & sleep."

But when i go to the Power & sleep setting, I don't see where to change the authentication requirement back to the way it has always been, until just recently.

How can i require a sign-in again every time my PC wakes up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

MarlinHaindfield, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option

1. Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option - Similar Threads - 1809 occasionally resets

2. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  3. Require Sign-In options greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Sign-In options greyed out: My computer currently does not require a PIN/Password to log in when it wakes from sleep. I would like it to have this requirement. Unfortunately, the Sign-In option for "Require Sign-In" says "Never" and is greyed out so I can't change it. There is a message that says...
  4. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...
  5. 'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options

'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options: I want no lockscreen or sign-in screen when I open the lid of the laptop - I want it to just resume playing a video.I was told to tweak that missing option to solve the second problem....
  6. Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in: I got a new Lenovo laptop computer and it was working great but the last month or so it requires me to login every time I step away...I used to have it set for a longer time iirc because it's in a home setting, but when I go to Sign-in options now it tells me: "Windows Hello...
  7. ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?: I was just about to deactivate this annoying lock screen that I keep getting after opening the notebook. But I just noticed that the option is no longer available. But I remember that I deactivated annoying lock screen on my Desktop-PC with this option....
  8. Require Sign-In options are greyed out

Require Sign-In options are greyed out: I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home version 1903 installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off. When I go into my account settings under sign-in options, the drop down menu under "require sign-in" is greyed out and...
  9. require sign-in options

require sign-in options: require sign-in options windows hello is preventing some options from being shown I can't change the options. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-sign-in-options/04fd9f89-fb14-4290-8728-d5eacc44a346
  10. Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in options PIN complexity requirement: One of my Windows 10 home edition computers is requiring six digit signin PIN, where all my other accept 4 digit just fine. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-pin-complexity-requirement/a7163d8a-85ba-4a22-af6f-5e555639d478