Windows 10: Windows 1809 - Outlook 365 on laptop no longer shows my default emails

Discus and support Windows 1809 - Outlook 365 on laptop no longer shows my default emails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have just installed the windows 1809 version. This resulted in my tool bar settings and firefox bookmarks disappearing and more importantly on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pepper_in_london, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Windows 1809 - Outlook 365 on laptop no longer shows my default emails

Hi,

I have just installed the windows 1809 version. This resulted in my tool bar settings and firefox bookmarks disappearing and more importantly on clicking outlook 365 it does not link to my outlook email accounts of which I have several. The first 2 issues I have resolved but am stuck on the outlook one. Please advise.

:)

Pepper_in_london, Dec 11, 2019
  2. =djStu= Win User

Problems syncing Outlook.com email with Outlook 365 and with Windows Phone

I use my Outlook.com email in three ways:

• via the Web in IE10
    • via Outlook 365 on Windows 7 laptop
    • via Windows Phone 8 on Lumia 920.
    I am experiencing problems syncing with Outlook 365 on Win7 AND with Windows Phone 8 on Lumia 920.

The longer I leave a message in my Inbox, the more copies of that messge will appear duplicated in Outlook 365 on my Win7 laptop. Someone suggested deleting my Outlook.com account from Outlook 365 and then re-adding the account, which actually solved this
    problem for a couple of months. Now the problem has returned: multiple duplicates of the same message in my Outlook 365 Inbox. Am I forced to go through this arduous process eveytime this problem happens?

Also, there are some messages that, when deleted using any of three ways listed at the top of this message, will remain in my Windows Phone 8 Inbox. I will repeatedly delete them and these few messages always return to my Windows Phone 8 Inbox.

Please note that when using Outlook 365 or Windows Phone 8, I have no problems syncing with my other two email accounts, which are not Microsoft accounts.

Will someone PLEASE help me fix my two sync problems of my Microsoft account with the Microsoft software and Microsoft hardware?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

=djStu=, Dec 11, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Windows 1809 - Outlook 365 on laptop no longer shows my default emails

outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list

Hi there,

"Outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list"

Are you using Outlook 365 desktop client or Outlook Web App?

What taskbar list are you referring, is it Windows 10 Task View?
    Could you provide screenshot here where do you want to see recently opened email?

Although, there is no taskbar list in Outlook 365 desktop and Outlook Web app client to check recent opened email.

If you are referring to Windows 10 Task View, should contact Windows 10 support rather than Outlook.

Thanks,

Polly Baylis, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1809 - Outlook 365 on laptop no longer shows my default emails

1. Windows 1809 - Outlook 365 on laptop no longer shows my default emails - Similar Threads - 1809 Outlook 365

2. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  3. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  4. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default

Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default: Currently, my options in Windows 10 for default e-mail include Windows 10 Mail, standard Outlook 365, Windows Live Mail like the 2012 version. I would like Outlook.com for the default. Is there a tweak for that?...
  6. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...
  7. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  8. Spoofed or hacked outlook 365 email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spoofed or hacked outlook 365 email: I received an email to my work 365 email account yesterday claiming that I have been hacked. It was from me to me (hopefully just spoofed) and details are below: From:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent:...
  9. Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails

Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails: Hi, outlook 365 is automatically deleting my 'read' emails. I cannot find any setting to stop this from happening. I have read other threads which say to 'go to view - current view - view all emails' however the 'view all emails' option doesn't exist. The only options I have...
  10. Update to 1809: Outlook 2016 will no Longer Connect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1809: Outlook 2016 will no Longer Connect: I have recently updated a user to 1809 to fix an issue experienced on 1709 using VPNs (last resort). The upgrade fixed the issue with NetExtender; however, I noticed Outlook displayed the "Trying to Connect" in the bottom right corner. I began the basic troubleshooting (i.e....