Windows 10: Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

Discus and support Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WakanTanka1, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the 03/10 download and install of the 1809 'beta' (that's what it is, Pro and Business users can postpone these updates for good reason, and MS gives them that option precisely so that they can avoid 'beta- guinea -pigging'!) 'features' update which has completely **** my laptop.

No, I am not happy about it. Crashes, blue screens, restarts, flickering, cmd prompt not working, monitor reformatting, vague error messages/codes, 3rd party software no longer correctly working, etc., etc., ...brief...an almost unusable "expensive" laptop (I am typing on another). I rolled back to the 1803 version, problems rolled back with that. I have now done a fresh online reinstall of Win 10....laptop still ****!!

A nickle laptop used only for work and EXTREMELY well taken care of and protected, physically and internet use wise. Never a SINGLE problem in the 18 months I have had it...and then MS forces an unstable, unnecessary, half-cooked, bs 'features' update into my laptop which they have now effectively rendered unusable! MS who I'm certain will neither acknowledge, repair or compensate for the damage they have caused.

MS is not providing or interested in customer service or satisfaction, they are taking advantage of their customers in moving further and further toward owning our material, information and use of the internet. Because trolling and controlling all of that pays them big dividends. Bottom line!

It is my sincere wish that this 1809 update is as problematic for MANY others as it is for me. Not in my wishing other users misfortune, but in hoping that MS pays some ***** attention and gets their **** **** together! Their getting my laptop back on its feet remains only a wet- ****- dream! Like I said, I am not happy!!!

Signed,

*******byMs

:)

WakanTanka1, Oct 7, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10’s October 2018 Update (version 1809) Update Stuck at 42%

Windows 10 1809 is just a day old. My suggestion is to hold on till the first cumulative updates arrive.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 7, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

1. Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability! - Similar Threads - 1809 update causing

2. Widevine/DRM causes OS instability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widevine/DRM causes OS instability: Hello. I have not been able to use any of my digital services: Netflix, HBO Max or Prime Video due to the fact that, every time I click on protected content, the system goes bananas. This is what happens:1. Log on to DRM protected site such as Netflix -> No problem.2. Browse...
  3. Widevine/DRM causes OS instability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widevine/DRM causes OS instability: Hello. I have not been able to use any of my digital services: Netflix, HBO Max or Prime Video due to the fact that, every time I click on protected content, the system goes bananas. This is what happens:1. Log on to DRM protected site such as Netflix -> No problem.2. Browse...
  4. update causes serious problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update causes serious problems: After an update yesterday nothing works normal -i can not open onedrive files - the EDGE browser crashes all the time -In the settings menu i can not choose anything, so i can not choose "recovery" - i can not send mails - some icons in the taskbar are disappeared,...
  5. Instability Due to Updates

Instability Due to Updates: Hi Every time there is a Windows 10 Update I experience some form of instability By the time it takes to complete surely they are not updates but re installs some times it takes as long as 60 min I think the problem is trying to use the same program for Phones and &...
  6. Stop Windows Update: Intel Graphics driver update 26.20.100.7463? (may cause instability)

Stop Windows Update: Intel Graphics driver update 26.20.100.7463? (may cause instability): TL;DR Intel HD Graphics update 26.20.100.7463 is causing a Windows 10 1903/1909 device to hang randomly within ~0-60 seconds of pulling up the "Enter Pin" screen and logging into Windows. Device is Supermicro X11SSH-F motherboard with Intel HD Graphics P630 onboard. How...
  7. excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excel file causes instability in "windows explorer": When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or simply...
  8. Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update: Twice I've tried to install Windows 10 update 1809. Both times it corrupted Microsoft Outlook 2013. When I'd try to open Outlook, I'd immediately get a blue screen saying the entire computer (not just Outlook) had to be restarted. I tried to fix Outlook, tried rolling back...
  9. Instability since update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Instability since update: hey guys, new to the forum. i am running win 10 home build 1809. system just did the latest feature update. and ever since the system has been unstable. mainly running chrome or waking up form sleep. i've noticed the screen takes over a minute to wake up after the pc turns...
  10. Intel Display Audio Driver causes "instability" when trying to install 1809

Intel Display Audio Driver causes "instability" when trying to install 1809: I have encountered this issue in trying to install the October Update. I do not understand the steps recommended by this article. What is the appropriate thing to do? Apparently Microsoft and Intel both recommend that you do not click "Continue"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 update serious