Windows 10: Windows 1809 update which is over 2 GB, downloads again and again from start whenever...

Discus and support Windows 1809 update which is over 2 GB, downloads again and again from start whenever... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 1809 update which is over 2 GB, downloads again and again from start whenever "Metered Connection" is set to true and again set to False. I'am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ganga_Hawk, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Windows 1809 update which is over 2 GB, downloads again and again from start whenever...

Windows 1809 update which is over 2 GB, downloads again and again from start whenever "Metered Connection" is set to true and again set to False. I'am loosing lot of GB because of this fresh start of downloading process by windows automatically. Windows, why are you sucking away my GB?

:)

Ganga_Hawk, Jan 27, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 27, 2019
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Jan 27, 2019
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 1809 update which is over 2 GB, downloads again and again from start whenever...

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1809 update which is over 2 GB, downloads again and again from start whenever...

1. Windows 1809 update which is over 2 GB, downloads again and again from start whenever... - Similar Threads - 1809 update downloads

2. Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 11 23H2 laptop which was set to English-US language. After a lot of hard work, I changed the language to English-UK and I note now that the update 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 has installed...
  3. Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 11 23H2 laptop which was set to English-US language. After a lot of hard work, I changed the language to English-UK and I note now that the update 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 has installed...
  4. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.: Whenever I click on check for upgrade a Microsoft Defender update is shown and it downloads and installs in just like 2 seconds, It's so fast that I can't even see the update version. Also I had used the Microsoft Update Assistant to upgrade from 21H1 cause the windows update...
  5. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.: Whenever I click on check for upgrade a Microsoft Defender update is shown and it downloads and installs in just like 2 seconds, It's so fast that I can't even see the update version. Also I had used the Microsoft Update Assistant to upgrade from 21H1 cause the windows update...
  6. Security Intelligence update downloading again and again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security Intelligence update downloading again and again: Whenever i check for update after few hours i always get a security intelligence update for Microsoft defender here, the list is 4x bigger. I haven't got 20H2 update yet. submitted by /u/anonwo8m8 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows update downloading update again and again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update downloading update again and again.: I downloaded an update called 19H1; it downloaded 70% and then I turned my PC off, when I started my PC today, the update didn't start from 70% but from 0%, any fix??? it happened like four times. Do anyone has this problem...???...
  8. windows downloading again and again

windows downloading again and again: why windows 10 upgrade assistant after 100% downloading again restarts from 1%???... this is hapenning for second time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-downloading-again-and-again/73c3712f-d499-422c-aeb5-3c529391cfd9
  9. my windows over&over again update today

my windows over&over again update today: Hi. I have a problem. why do my windows over&over again update today? my trafic bandwicth is limited. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/my-windows-overover-again-update-today/7e7bb6ca-2066-4c34-9800-a7f3534b7d56
  10. starting over again, with W10

in Windows 10 Support
    starting over again, with W10: Just got new HP W10 laptop back from HP repair. Now I have to start over. I'm not good at this stuff, and I got real confused before on here. It has this "edge" browser. I want the IE, and have it open to m y yahoo email homepage. It seems to be a major issue just to do a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 update files download

2. 1809 downloads again after install