Windows 10: Windows 19 auto update caused problems

Discus and support Windows 19 auto update caused problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Pc suddenly one day wouldnt operate properly. All programs slow and alternately running and not responding. No evidence of virus or maleware etc. with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidBrownA, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Windows 19 auto update caused problems

Pc suddenly one day wouldnt operate properly. All programs slow and alternately running and not responding. No evidence of virus or maleware etc. with defender and malwarebites. Hoping it was a auto update that would eventually get fixed, i cycled power every day for a week to no avail. Finally read about the windows restore feature. Restored to a week earlier and all seems good now.

Question: Will microsoft keep autoupdating causing the problem again? Or will it know i needed to restore and figure out their issue? Or do i somehow need to stop the updates?

Thanks for any info/advice

David

:)

DavidBrownA, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows 19 auto update caused problems

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 19 auto update caused problems

1. Windows 19 auto update caused problems - Similar Threads - auto update caused

2. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates: Everyday I get a notification to update Windows Defender. I have even made a task for Defender to auto update. I do not get that notification on my Windows 10 desktop, just my laptop. I also have notifications turned OFF....
  3. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates: Everyday I get a notification to update Windows Defender. I have even made a task for Defender to auto update. I do not get that notification on my Windows 10 desktop, just my laptop. I also have notifications turned OFF....
  4. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  5. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  6. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Update problem 2/15/19

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update problem 2/15/19: Ever since update of 2/15/19, my computer is dragging, slow and sometime is locking up. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-problem-21519/e1bc5094-d550-49ba-bc84-cc863a14d32e
  8. Windows 19 Kernel problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 19 Kernel problem: I am getting an error when I try to open files. C:\program...\soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents. I am allowed to open files from a box OPEN READ ONLY. That box is contain in an box titled: Document could not be Locked The lock file...
  9. Auto updates problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates problems: *Sad Every time MSC updates system and apps it invariably causes problems, I have had to do yet another clean reinstall of W10 this time to enable the optical drive to be recognized and to enable Excel (2013) to open when double clicking a filename. It takes a considerable...
  10. Auto Update 07/29 causing problems?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto Update 07/29 causing problems?: My computer appears to have undergone an automatic Windows 10 update on 07/29. Immediately afterward, odd stuff started happening: 1) the notification message for the USB port that will charge while the computer is in "sleep" mode started a repetitive loop; the only way I...