Windows 10: Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update

Discus and support Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I updated my Windows 10 (1809) to 1903 and my subwoofer no longer works. The configuration is the same on the realtek panel and the subwoofer seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CourtneyGoodman, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update

Hi, I updated my Windows 10 (1809) to 1903 and my subwoofer no longer works. The configuration is the same on the realtek panel and the subwoofer seems to be connected.
    It simply works as stereo and 5.1 surround sound does not work. How can I solve this problem? Thank you.

:)

CourtneyGoodman, Nov 6, 2019

2. Sound gone with Win10 1903 update

Hi Mustafa2359016,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to follow this steps once upgraded to Windows 1903:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Audio controller"

4. Right click on your SB X-Fi Extreme

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then check if the sound then works.

StefanoTamiotti, Nov 6, 2019
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update

Update 1903 Major Sound Bug?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with audio after updating the PC. I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. How the speakers are connected to the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try changing the enhancement settings and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘control mmsys.cpl,,0’ and hit enter.
    3. Now click on the Playback tab and double click on the speaker.
    4. Select the Enhancements tab and check the box next to Loudness Equalization
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

You can also refer the article
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps
    to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update

1. Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update - Similar Threads - 1903 sound does

2. Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine: Hi I have creative audigy 2 I have rollback each time after updating. After updating sound does not work. Have tried updating drivivers etc still nothing...
  3. The sound does not work after the 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The sound does not work after the 1909 update: Hi, the problem is that there is a problem with the sound after the 1909 update. When trying to play the test sound, there is an error "The test sound cannot be played" and there is no sound in applications such as the browser, etc....
  4. Sound does not work after KB4528760 update

Sound does not work after KB4528760 update: After this update, my sound no longer works. I've researched and done ALL the solutions I could find. One thing: many solutions found on this website as well as 3rd parties say I'm supposed to have an "IDT" option in my sound devices. That is not there. I've done steps to...
  5. Sound lost after Windows update to 1903

Sound lost after Windows update to 1903: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 that lost its sound. After the latest update I no longer have a "Speaker" output under my sound devices. The device is a SB X-Fi, connected to simple speakers. I've followed many various threads on how to fix (disable/re-enable,...
  6. No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809

No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809: Hi after updating to both windows 10 1903 and then 1909 my Creative Audigy 2 zs platinum Pro sound card will not omit any sound. Even the on board Realtek sound will not work too. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, using the latest drivers, enabling/...
  7. No sound after updating to 1903

No sound after updating to 1903: So I finally got 1903 update but after it was installed I had no sound (there was some notification which led to Windows to mess up my sound settings) and tried changing settings and place of speakers plug in soundcard but no avail. Sounds worked just fine in 1809 and...
  8. no hdmi sound after windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hdmi sound after windows 10 update 1903: My laptop updated windows 10 last week but since then I have been unable to play sound through my hdmi cable to my tv. This means I can't watch netflix or youtube videos. I had a look in the Sound box and then at Playback. In that box only my computer speakers appear. My tv...
  9. The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903: Last night I updated my PC. I came home tonight and I am receiving voice reproduction. My microphone no longer works in Discord or in any other form of communication. I'm upset because I listen to voice playback and super upset because my microphone doesn't work anymore. I...
  10. HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903

HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903: Hi guys i have a problem with my laptop asus. No sound in my TV and just showing video. This happen when i update my windows to 1903. Before i update work fine no prob. I can't roll back. I'm search this problem Youtube anything it doesn't work. MY VGA was lastest updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HDMI sound not working after 1903 update