Windows 10: Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot

Discus and support Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Start Full Screen similar to Windows 8, containing 111 tiles to my most used apps. The latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DPM2009, Jul 16, 2019.

1. DPM2009 Win User

Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot

I use Start Full Screen similar to Windows 8, containing 111 tiles to my most used apps.

The latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1903 Build 18362.239 has been installed.

Issue

After each cold boot, the first time I start the Start Menu, the top menu tiles are collapsed into the row below.

This behavior happened after upgrading to Windows 1903.

Workaround

Only if I sign out and sign in again, will the menu display correctly.

Questions

1. Are there more people experiencing this issue?
    2. Is there a way to restore the correct Start Menu behavior after a cold boot?

Cheers,

Dave

:)

DPM2009, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Edwin Win User
    Left Sidebar on the Start Menu is collapsed showing just Icons

@blueflash, welcome to tenforums.com! Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot :)

Unfortunately there is no work around for what you wish in the latest Builds.
    You could, however, set "MouseHoverTime" in the Registry to show a hover tip (1) in a fraction of a second, or
    you could create shortcuts to those locations and add them to your Start Menu, (2)

(Also, eventually you begin memorizing which icon is which, in that list)

Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 16, 2019
  4. BbrynnN Win User

collapse the app menu on the start menu

I've just been offline for an hour and a half while MS forced an update on me, without permission or warning. (Actually, there was a message saying my computer was going to restart in 15 minutes -- it said nothing about updating, and there was no option
    to prevent it. Here's a nice litte rant about that: (how to disable automatic restart) rant about automatic updates and Windows 10 in general)

Anyway, part of the update (apparently) was to change the Start menu in a major way. Rather than having one little icon for All Apps menu, the menu is permanently open. I found a way to hide it. But the next time I click the Start menu, the apps menu
    is open again.

Please tell me if there is any way to permanently collapse the All Apps menu.

Thanks

BbrynnN, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot - Similar Threads - 1903 Collapsed Start

2. Start menu collapsing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu collapsing: My start menu starting to collapse and not working at all. I clicked on apps but it aint working. Some days ago I had problem with application installed so I tried to uninstall some but after doing that and re install everything when I click the apps in start menu it will not...
  3. Start menu collapsing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu collapsing: My start menu starting to collapse and not working at all. I clicked on apps but it aint working. Some days ago I had problem with application installed so I tried to uninstall some but after doing that and re install everything when I click the apps in start menu it will not...
  4. Start menu collapsing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 1903 Crashes on Restart... Not on Cold Start

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 Crashes on Restart... Not on Cold Start: Just received the WU 1903 update on an Asus Zenbook laptop. During each reboot the Asus locked up on its boot screen. The Asus logo appeared, but not the circling balls. Eventually it timed out to a black screen of death. Forcibly powering off, and then restarting continued...
  6. No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.: Whenever I do a restart boot I get the Windows Startup sound. If I boot from Shutdown I do not get it. Is this the way it should be? Thank you. 131275
  7. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  8. Problems after cold boot today.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after cold boot today.: Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black screen with no hdmi signal a few minutes after logging in. The computer seemed operational but with just no graphics output....
  9. Win 10 after a cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 after a cold boot: This happens when I power up the pc and it boots. The desktop appears, and when I click normally on an icon (a desktop shortcut) to open it, it doesn't open. Instead I get the menu that I would get if I had right-clicked on the icon. If I open it from there, there are...
  10. Left Sidebar on the Start Menu is collapsed showing just Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Sidebar on the Start Menu is collapsed showing just Icons: Please help spent hours googling, but just end up at customisation guides, which none mention the situation Iv'e made [img] to expand the icons and see names of folders I need click "expand" icon at top. [img] What have I done and how can I get it back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 tiles