Windows 10: Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue

Discus and support Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am new to community and not English native speaker, so bear with me. I have a nice setup at home, printers are connected to Raspberry PI,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MiroslavJurkech, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue

Hello,

I am new to community and not English native speaker, so bear with me.

I have a nice setup at home, printers are connected to Raspberry PI, and have other linux mini PC as driver for them, so I can print from every device in my house. It all worked really well. Up until 1903 upgrade. Now I still can print from my Linux notebook, Android phone, but I can't from Windows. I have 3 installs and after upgrade, none works.

Is there a way to fix it? Is this intensional or bug on Windows? Sould I revert back to 1809?

In advance thanks for all the help.

PS: other post about this for example:

https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5600

:)

MiroslavJurkech, Sep 15, 2019

2. Connecting CUPS printer to Windows 10 PC

I have a CUPS printer (HP Photosmart 2575 All-in-one), connected to a Raspberry Pi via USB. I have added this printer to PCs running Windows 7. When these PCs upgraded to Windows 10, the printer remained working.

However, when I got a new PC that was pre-installed with Windows 10, I have been unable to connect it to this network printer; the printer is always displayed on the PC as in an error state and I cannot print (the CUPS interface has no history of the print job being sent to the printer).

Obviously the problem is with my new Windows 10 PC and not with my Raspberry Pi or printer. I can print from the PC if I connect the printer to it directly, so it is not a printer driver issue. The problem appears to relate to connecting to the printer over the network.

The Windows printer setup wizard cannot discover the printer. I manually copied the settings from one of the PCs that was originally Windows 7. The network address of the printer I'm using is 192.168.1.55:631/printers/HP_Photosmart_2575 (taken from the CUPS web interface).

How do I solve this problem?

Mowing Bar, Sep 15, 2019
  3. printer issues

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue

Windows prints with lines, printer issues with Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Printer troubleshooter

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue

1. Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue - Similar Threads - 1903 CUPS printers

2. Windows 10 Home 1903 causing printer issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home 1903 causing printer issues: I work in a Home Health Organization. We have Laptops that we work on. Some days back after some updates from Windows 10 Home, we started having issues with printers. We tried to print a document and we find nothing in printing queue and there is message printing job failed....
  3. Windows 1903 overheating issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1903 overheating issue: I updated to windows 1903 about a week ago and my PC has been a bit laggy.(i7 8750h w/ RTX 2060) I didn't care a lot until today, when my CPU started overheating and instead of running at 40-45 degrees Celcius it started running at 60 a normal stuff such as web browsing. Has...
  4. Windows 1903 GPO Issue

in Cortana
    Windows 1903 GPO Issue: The below excerpt from the Microsoft documentation on 1903 bugs is, at the very least, missing a potential resolution. My organization needed to set the GPO of "Don't search the web or display web results in Search" to "Not Configured" in order for search to continue working...
  5. Windows Update 1903 issues

Windows Update 1903 issues: A few weeks ago, Microsoft basically forced this upgrade onto my PC (computer eventually restarted on its own with no prompt) After I waited 3 hours for it to update, my computer would freeze up randomly (the screen & mouse etc. completely freezes and I have to restart my...
  6. Windows 10 1903 issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1903 issue: After updating windows 10 task manager freezing and internet not working And laptop can't properly shutdown How to slove this problem????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-issue/9c4e1262-c3aa-4a76-9352-6db55d9c2f79
  7. Windows 10 1903 net work printers stop working [ issue 781 ]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903 net work printers stop working [ issue 781 ]: in 1809 their are no net work printer issues. in 1903 the net gear usb control center, no longer detects the router or printers and all net work printers stop working. only solution I found was roll back to 1809. I know their is at least 1 other person having this issue...
  8. build 1903 installed OK BUT having wireless printer issue

build 1903 installed OK BUT having wireless printer issue: All Microsoft programs (incl Windows Settings) see my HP 8370 printer. Clicking Print however causes file explorer to open and request the assignment to a prn file....
  9. cups-pdf and wsl

cups-pdf and wsl: I installed both cups and cups-pdf in ubuntu WSL but could not get lpadmin to add the virtual printer to ubuntu. I wonder is it possible or not because I keep getting error messages from lpadmin......
  10. CUP and Disc usage stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CUP and Disc usage stuck at 100%: My CPU usage and Disk Usage stuck at 100% most of the time. I do not have much apps opened. I have i5 processor and 8 GB RAM. Already tried stopping search and superfetch from command prompt. It's not a permanent solution. Can anyone suggest please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer issues with windows 10 1903

2. rpi cups print service windows 10 1903